Custom Multi-Injector setup

I just purchased one of Chads modified Intakes with four additional injectors controlled by an HKS AIC. This intake also uses the stock injectors, fuel inlet, and FPR mounted on an intake pipe on a  65mm Mitsu TB. My question is...will I need an extra FPR in the fuel rail with a return line, or will the stock FPR do the job of pressurizing the stock injectors and the extra four in the fuel rail?

If I need an FPR in the fuel rail, will it work alone... or can I use both...or is there a way to disable the factory one? Also...can I tap the extra fuel source for the Rail from the Allen head screw on the stock inlet that people commonly use as a fuel gauge location?

Any help/comments welcome.

did you say you were using stock starion injectors?  they wont work on an MPI setup because they are wet manifold injectors.  unless this is MPI plus the TB which is kinda what im getting from the way its worded.  not so sure about it but how is the fuel inlet? does the fuel line T into both the rail and the Tb?  i would almost bet you would need one on the rail and the the TB.  sorry i cant be more help

Matt...yes this is TB plus MPI. The manifold has an injector in each runner that will be controled by the AIC. The DSM TB is custom fit to the manifold. The intake pipe has been modded by adding the stock injector boss just above the TB, this way I can use the factory injectors and fuel inlet/FPR. I will supply the fuel rail via the allen screw on the inlet that some people install a fuel gauge at.

id say be careful w injector sizes , remeber we already have like 1800cc w throttle body even w 450's your adding a potentially 1800 to the stock # most here w mpi run 720's or smaller. 720x4.

The mental picture I have come up with on this MPI intake design is a nice thought, but the execution will be lacking.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea, Can you send pics joel@tristarion.com

Joel

Just got it fired up today...but had a couple injectors leaking at the rail, I'll have to check the o-rings. But...I unhooked the fuel line going to the rail and tried it out to see if the  65mm TB made a difference  ;D  ...spool up and throttle response was much better. Only got to drive about 30 mins because the Lowes OVCP adapter couldn't handle the pressure  ;)  ::)

I'll be ordering a new silicone coupling tomorrow and checking out the o-rings on the fuel rail. Can't wait to get the other 4 injectors working!

Rival...you have mail.

here are the pics. the workmanship looks very good. clean welds. I do think the injectors could have used some angle becuase the way they are, all atomization has been thrown out the window. why did you guys change the throttle body? the factory injectors are now spraying in a pretty off pattern too. I had thought of doing something just like this but i was going to stay with the stock throttlebody but have it rotated 90 degrees so the opening would face the front of the car but  then it would mess up the fuel mixture by having the 2 injectors sideby side as opposed to behind each other. from what I remember the only reason the throttle body was changed on my car is becuase the TECII i have works with GM or ford type sensors. I dont think its any HP gain to go with bigger thorttlebody on turbo cars. those Grandnationals make tons and tons of power with a relatively small throttlebody.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/hotrodtsi/PIC00002.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/hotrodtsi/PIC00003.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/hotrodtsi/PIC00004.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/hotrodtsi/PIC00005.jpg

• 1 month later...
you could but the cost of an eic is much less expensive than a complete standalone management system .. lets you use the stock computer for everything else and have the eic for the 4 injectors when pushing higher boost..  and everything fits like its stock.  ... and no wiring up sensors, no getting magnets pressed into crank pulley and easier to tune.

all those things you said are correct excpet for easy of tuning. it just doesn't work very well. plus the way the injectors are spraying, might as well use a carburator.

injectors are meant to spray fuel onto the back of the intake vavles.

there is space to do it. mine is angled and positioned as such.