High TQ  Intake Project

Well trying too make a intake that will give major tq, and low end power for the montero. It is not done yet as you can see in the pics, but the 10-14in runner lenght and 1 1/2in width should give great tq, and with their being 4 runners in theory it should have more over all flow (and maybe more high end also). Still havnt come up with exaclty how the inj will be placed the the collector, but it will have a mustang TB flang. And dont worry about geting the flang connected too the pipes we got that covered ;)

http://66.110.213.200/Image%20file/tq_intake/DSC04400.JPG

http://66.110.213.200/TQ_intake.htm <-- More pics here

nice.i'd go with a big tb and multiport injection though.without a plenum of any kind i don't see much top end.Maybe it's just not there yet.

Just one question.How are ya gonna join the aluminum intake and the aluminized steel pipe?epoxy?JB weld.

not knocking it just wondering.

Well first of all like i said its all about the low RPM TQ Dont really care if the higher rpms are better then stock (i think it will will be tho). And you guessed it JB welding the flang too the pipes :D It wont really have any weight on it all of the weight will go on the flang its self, thats just how its in their without secureing it too the flang i cant move the flang at all. It will have a 4in by 3.5in "plentum" where it connects too the tb from the colector.

Just my opinion so take it as you will but...

I think you will get better flow numbers with an air box there...

With that particular design, and interests in keeping it semi close to stock location... an airbox with a center raised point, like a centered intercooler end tank.

Like I said, ust my opinion, not knockin whatcha got, just food for thought.

not sure i know what you mean 89onaquest, i am still open for ideals on the plentum area, do have too remember that will be a wet intake with stock inj. It will be pretty close too stock location when i am done.

Well first of all like i said its all about the low RPM TQ Dont really care if the higher rpms are better then stock (i think it will will be tho). And you guessed it JB welding the flang too the pipes :D It wont really have any weight on it all of the weight will go on the flang its self, thats just how its in their without secureing it too the flang i cant move the flang at all. It will have a 4in by 3.5in "plentum" where it connects too the tb from the colector.

JB weld holds my injector bosses in my manifold and they ain't goin nowhere ;D  just make sure you rough up the metal on the pipes really well and on the flange like with a grinder and it holds awesome.

not sure i know what you mean 89onaquest, i am still open for ideals on the plentum area, do have too remember that will be a wet intake with stock inj. It will be pretty close too stock location when i am done.

intercooler end tanks... the middle outlet type.

----

===

===

/

/

-----

you lay out the intake tubes as straight out as they can be, but still fit within the end tank

I suggest the end tanks, cause they are avail in many configs, and usually have large diameter openings, allowing large diam T/B's.

you have the tubes going and out and basically, a 270? upward.?

You make another plate that will mount  to the tubes, and to the bottom of the end tank. Instant high flow air box...

Ok think i figured out how i will do the plenum. Will be more or less a box on the collector with the inj on the top of the box tilted twords the pass side of the car, then a 2 1/4in pipe comming out the other side (drivers side) and taking a 90 bend and have the tb right their. The Tb will be facing stright forward. Already checked and it looks like it will fit under the hood and should work quite nice. will make the ic pipeing simple also.