another small Batterie

Why not just relocate the battery?  Seems a whole lot easier and cost less.  Then trying to squeeze a small battery in together with all the other stuff.

Relocating the battery is a heckof a lot more work than simply getting a smaller battery.

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/6F/FB/11237231-4583-028001E0-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took me all of maybe 30 min. to relocate my battery.  $40 kit, fuse holder, a hand full of zip-ties, drill a couple of holes, a disturbution block, and I was set.  Seemed fairly easy to me,  or maybe it's just me  ;D.

Take it EZ

Where did you get the kit from?  Ive wanted to do this for a while but didnt have the time to get into it!  I've been working on exhaust and other things, but now that my clutch is gone my car isnt going to be moving for a while til i get my flywheel and clutch in.  Do you have any pix of the job or any more info before i start.  Any other materials i need to make it go as smooth as possible??  Thanks for the info!!

Kev

Where did you get the kit from?  Ive wanted to do this for a while but didnt have the time to get into it!  I've been working on exhaust and other things, but now that my clutch is gone my car isnt going to be moving for a while til i get my flywheel and clutch in.  Do you have any pix of the job or any more info before i start.  Any other materials i need to make it go as smooth as possible??  Thanks for the info!!

Kev

I got the kit from Summit, the fuse holder and disturbution block from Circuit City.  I don't have any pics yet.  I'll have some next month.

Take it EZ

• 1 month later...

Where did you relocate your battery?    I don't want a battery anywhere near family and friends that may be riding in the back seat, so I don't want to put it in the hatch.   I have witnessed several batteries that exploded when they weren't handled properly --  improper jumps, people not careful when reconnecting cables.  

I would like to relocate it behind front wheelwheels along the firewall, but there isn't any room.  Did you move your battery within your engine compartment?

Where did you relocate your battery?    I don't want a battery anywhere near family and friends that may be riding in the back seat, so I don't want to put it in the hatch.   I have witnessed several batteries that exploded when they weren't handled properly --  improper jumps, people not careful when reconnecting cables.  

I would like to relocate it behind front wheelwheels along the firewall, but there isn't any room.  Did you move your battery within your engine compartment?

No, it's not under the hood.  There is absoulty no other place under the hood to relocate the battery, unless you move some stuff.  You have to make sure you have a good battery boox for that very reason.  As long as you do, it will hold any explosion that a battery can produce.

My battery is located in the rear passenger side coner of the trunk.  If you look at the pic in my signature, the battery is right below where my son is sitting.