cooling mod----COMPLETE!

PDodson

why not just cut out from the top cut to the bottom cut all the way to the sides so its one large hole..

then take what ever your using to keep things out of there, like a screen for a window and paint it the same color as the car and put it in there.

it will give the illusion that its all one solid peice untill you get up close, and this will give you more air flow

yea artinist thats the look I am going for

Howard sent me some pics of his car and some other pics a while back and I saw that pic and I liked it so much I was going to try it.

I will probably have 4 big holes instead of 8 little holes, unless I can make the little holes even with my little dremel tool

last time I used a jig saw

i dont care much for the multi holes like that..

what im going to do is cut 2 huge holes on each side and have chrome thin lines going threw it to admit air but also keep it pretty open.. kind of like the grill under it

hell i may just redo that one in chrome as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am working on a similar design a jozels on an extra header panel.

one thing to keep in mind is the choice of screen material. you have to go with something that has slightly larger holes than what the typical door screen material has that is used to keep bugs out. the smaller holes let may visually look like they will pass through a lot of air but in reality the are very ristrictive, especially at high speed, air litterally will flow over rather than go through.

i have a local metal shop that has  lot of very nice screen materials. i will get some probably tomorrow and put up a pic. I am also doing a similar mod to the hood.

looks like it helps alot, the biggest problem i have with it, its not parallel.  messes up the symetry.  thats why jozels looks so good, its very symetrical and the lines match the hood and bumper.

now what i think would be sweet if someone cut out the tri star logo and put screen behind it.  granted it wouldnt let a lot of air through but it would set it off.  

i saw an eclipse awhile back that had a huge tristar cut out of the hood and it had clear plexiglass i think so you could see the motor.  it was nice looking.

Pdodson, you notice any colling difference on your gauge?

Guest Paul87Quest
I think that painting everything behind those screen flat black would help the look a lot.....it is kind of distracting seeing the intercooler pipe and cooler lines. You don't want to really see anything behind the screens (kinda ghetto looking) ;)

i like how jozel did his

http://www.26liter.us/DUgallery/pictures/NewMitch006.jpg

This is SWEET!! !!

That would work KILLER with my FUSO IC because it would allow a littl more flow to the top as the IC is like 6" taller than the stock IC.

--------------

You should get very good results with that mod Paul.