Carbon fiber Airdam

Tfreestyle

Thanks for the support man, its really appreciated. If people in l.a. want to set up something we can all meet up, you guys can all meet me and we can just kick it. Again I apologize to everyone this is taking so long, this is almost sounding like the carbon fiber hood gb but I am having difficulty finding a quality shop that I can trust, its alot of money to be handing over so i am working on it. I want to set somethign up with a company so we can do more group buys for parts and have it easy the next ones. I will only hand over the deposit(my money) once I do find a quality shop. I had one guy that I had done business with for awhile but he has been really busy. thank you all for your patience and I PROMISE you, it will be done right.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tfreestyle I know a shop here that can make the airdam for all of us

Infact they made the last groupbuy for the

The mk2 Supra gen, the one that looks like the Starquest.

As well Canadien dollars are lower then US dollars.

Owners name is Dwanye, cool guy

Web site is www.carbonfibre.com

And look at MK2 supra

Shop is in Vancouver BC west coast

If it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I have having a real problem finding a reliable and quality carbon fiber manufacturer and the past week I havent been able to meet with anyone since the engine in my truck went out, I have a promising meeting on hold in city of industry once I can get the truck running to go out there and get time off work. I am still on it but things arent moving as smoothly as planned. I wil keep everyone posted.

• 2 weeks later...
heh tfree, Ive been in this since the beginning and I just remembered how you said you can get this done really quick in like a month a two. Well I guess we can all see that getting custom stuff is never as easy as it sounds... Im still here so let me know when this will be ready.

well when I said that i had a "reliable" carbon fiber guy but last second he jacked up the price almost double so I pretty much told him to f himself and went looking for someone else but due to the shortage alot of companies arent interested in small orders, normally finding another cf guy would be easy. the past couple weeks I havent been able to do anything either because my trucks engine went out, no way to get around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just offering this to look at in an effort to spark someones imagination- and these pieces Actually exist.

They are located under the Forum - Body Mods-

You will find the one I made from scratch (and it is metal W/ a " replaceable" Skid Plate Sacrifice mounted under the lip- Look for the post that refers to 3 VERY MODIFIED CARS- FREE TO SEE.

I AM NOT OFFERING THIS AS A SALES TACTIC- LET ME MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR BEFORE THE BASHING BEGINS- My intention here is to offer an example to spark someones imagination and get away from a stock replacement- be different.

The second idea is listed under the post -IDKwhy Dec 6 Update - This is a very special project currently under way- in that post you will find a picture of (believe it or not) a MUSTANG Cobra Bumper Cover which We are robbing the lower valence from and fitting it to a custom (from Scratch) metal front bumper of my design. You will be surprised to know that MANY PARTS from the mustang are very close to the dimensions of our cars and with careful crafting will fit quite nicely. You will also notice We are using a rear spoiler from a saleen mustang and the rear tail lights from an early model mustang.

ONCE AGAIN- I AM SELLING NOTHING- JUST OFFERING SOME IDEAS- for fellow members to look at and get creative.

Please if anyone does check out these posts- I only ask that you either post or PM me what you think of what you see....

Thanks & I hope this is helpful to someone...

IDKwhy

My E-mail address is IDKwhy@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...