Chad modded Magna GP - $370 for everything

b00st3d

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more the merrier, there's no limit. There are now more buyers than the amount of manifolds I have in "stock" and there are none left at my sources  :o, so I am going to have to hunt around for more.

The GP closes on friday, so I will be sending off the package tuesday or wednesday next week - I'll be spending all Saturday running around trying to find more manifolds.   :)

Hey guys, I am still new to learning about cars, so what exactly is it that is going to be different if I were to buy this intake manifold?  I understand that  new intercooler piping is going to be needed, but 87cquest and 88TSI_rob mentioned that the OVCP and the first gen MAS will be usless, would this also be true for 3" MAS and translator that I purchased?  If so why is this? I am really interested in the MPI, but before I buy I need to know what else would be involved.  thanks

Project, this intake requires an Engine Management System to be run. You'll no longer have the crappy TBI setup. It can increase reliability and longetivity of the motor. The stock setup is a poor design and has a limit to the amount of power that can be made. This setup will turn your motor into a monster so to speak. I myself, along with many others have had a motor take a shizer on us from a leaky injector too much boost and not enough fuel. If you are looking for serious power while still being streetable, I suggest you go with this. It does take time and money to get it running, but once it is done, you'll be satisfied with the results. Just look at it this way, a new injector costs 400 or more, this intake is less than a new injector, and can create insane amounts of power, where that new injector will still be keeping you in the limits bound by the stock fuel and air curves. Granted you will spend more money now, but in the long run it would be worth it. Check out the MPI forum on here and read a lot, you'll soon learn how it all works, and all the members on the board that have already done the MPI conversion will help you along the way. Just something that you need to think about. Keep as a reminder that chad and boosted will most likely being doing this GP again, so maybe you don't want to do it now, you still wont miss out on a chance to jump on the badwagon. Hope this helps alittle.

Glenn

Guys, add to this if I forget anything...

This is what is needed: (other than $$ ;D)

1-MPI intake manifold

4-Injectors

1- engine management system, with needed sensors, relays

1- ford throttlebody

1- custom inlet pipe to go from intercooler to throttle body

*-misc couplers to attach your pipe, hoses, clamps, etc.

jr_ss,

thank you for letting me know about this, I am certaintly tempted to go for it right now, but instead I think I will take you advise and read up on it when I have more time, being a student, time is a commodity that is always in short supply.  Thank you again for taking the time to help out.

Jeff

No problem Project, I too am a student, but just so happens I'm an automotive student, what a coincedence. Much time and research is needed to be able to make this a reality for most, for all.... Good luck, see you on the bandwagon sometime in the future....

jr_ss

:P I was one whom ordered my magna mpi from 4gmitsubishi I paid 470. some odd

it took exactly 1 month and 1 day to receive it. Chad went far beond the mods by 4g by installing all the fittings in the right places! I will have to drill and tap and find all the fittings myself.  Chads work looks awsome! I wish you had offered this deal when I bought my mpi! Keep up the great work! I do have a question for the Guru, Is there a rising rate regulator that will bolt on the fuel rail like the magna reg?

Thanks

Just a reminder for everyone buying this MPI...there is a GP currently in progress for a SDS fuel management system. We already have enough members  signed up to receive a 25% discount! Now is the time to get onboard and save some more money.

Sorry hot rod, I'm going with Hawk, I like the idea of seeing the maps on the laptop a lot better than on a hand held. By no means am I saying SDS is a crappy system. I just like how the Hawk can be laid out on the screen. Not only that but I can borrow maps from other members who have already done the tuning step. With SDS I'd have to tune everything myself. Thanks though, Glenn

As of 3-12-04 I have recived/negotiated payment from  

1- David Y. (Kawika) Cash  

2- John B. (indiana) pay-pal  

3- Glenn B. (jr_ss) pay-pal  

4- Victor Z. (gunpackingpoet) pay-pal  

5- (Grey-wolf)

6- Chris G (ekstatixx)

7- JR L. (jolyrgr)

8- Adam F. (mrdodge01)

9-(rptsi)

10- Kit

if you want one, you MUST make payment by the end of friday 3-12-04

Well... how many did we get by the cutoff date?  just curious.

As far as the ovcp and 1g mas that I already have-- Yes, I understand that I wont be able to use these, but since I got the mas for 10 bucks, it's still a good upgrade.  Also, I probably won't actually go MPI until next year, so the OVCP is still gonna get some good usage until then.

Here is the official order:

1- David Y. (Kawika) Cash  

2- John B. (indiana) pay-pal  

3- Glenn B. (jr_ss) pay-pal  

4- Victor Z. (gunpackingpoet) pay-pal  

5- Reid G.(Grey-wolf)

6- Chris G (ekstatixx)

7- JR L. (jolyrgr)

8- Adam F. (mrdodge01)

9-Joshua K. (rptsi)

10- Kiet V.

11- Ivan (just 2 gaskets)

12- Dave L. (just 1 gasket and one fuel rail)

Payment is being sent tonight, we'll have a shipment date soon from AU to US.  Once i get them, it will be 1 week to mod, and, 3-7 days to ship (depending on how far you are).

I've received the money into my PayPal account - It will be into my bank account on  Thursday or Friday, so the package will be sent off on Monday. The freight place said they normally take 4-5 working days to get to anywhere in the USA, so it *should* reach Chad before the end of this month.

I'll reply here again when I send the package off to keep everyone informed.  :)

I am sending the package off tomorrow (a day or two late, I know, but I had a heap of problems finding enough braces and then some of the fuel rails I was going to be getting from a wrecker were actually TR ones which are totally different and I ended up driving around and buying individual rails from private sellers, etc etc... ARGH!!).

However for future GP's, it will all be ready for me in advance (the wrecker now knows to keep EVERYTHING for me.. he previously used to THROW AWAY THE RAILS AND BRACES!!)

Everything is there except for 2 manifold to block braces. Any GP buyers want to volunteer to NOT receive a brace with their package? Chad agrees they are not needed (the complete manifold weighs roughly 7kg.. not sure what that is in pounds). From memory the TR manifolds don't even have braces, ye they weigh significantly more.

I *can* get the 2 needed braces, but it will be a lot of driving around for just them.

• 2 weeks later...
the package in in port, but has not been released by cusotms.  They have had it for 4 or 5 days, and there is nothing we can do about it  :P  I expect to recive it Tuesday/Wednesday.