Magna MPI GP, 20+ buyers,  20 Aug cut off

chiplee

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taling about teh flange for the TB, glen makes it 2 ways, one with the au flange and he includes a TB, or without a tb and the US spec TB. the US spec TB is the same as a 5.0 mustang. I want to get like an edelbrock or bbk 75mm tb from summit instead of the 65mm au one, plus it would cut down the cost on the item for me. The only way I'm able to afford this project car is by making a lot of small purchases. It won't seem like $2000 if I buy the manifold on 1 paycheck, the injectors a TB on another, then the management on the next, and so on. Thats how I've been putting the rest of the thing together, I've been building up my motor since november, and now I'm thinking about fuel. so, yeah, if I could get it for cheaper with the us flange and no TB, I'd prefere that. Thanks, sorry for babbling.

Danny Graves

That's exactly how I did it. I did piece by piece and sure it added up but did not have me eating ramon noodles for a week either lol!

You guys should jump on this. Buy it and let it collect dust. If you end up selling the car the intake will sell within the first 2 hours it goes up!

Hey, I'm in for the gp.  I already have this home made manifold but I'm not really sure how well it will work.  I have a 65mm tb a got of a mustang at a wrecking yard I should be able to use.  I also have injectors and a tec II so I am pretty much ready to go with the manifold.

Arnold

Hell Chip -

I am also interested in a Magna manifold, but I was wondering

if it made any sense to have a head/manifold combo.  The manifold has to be modified to switch the TB to the other end and also to match the water ports

etc.  If we bought the head and manifold together it should save a little bit

of expense in that the manifold would need less modification and we would

have a manifold/head combo that was designed to work together.

Cheers -

It would be nice if people are willing to get replacement heads from AU forever.  There is a Gen 2 Magna head GP right now is there not?  I imagine people who are paying for an adapter plate to make that head work would not need the adapter plate if they got the Magna intake to go with it.  I don't know for sure but I'll talk to Glen about it.

Glen has stated that individuals who purchased both the 2nd Gen magna head and this Magna manifold would save $50au because there would be no need for an adapter plate.  

Prices are coming.  I'm working on pricing with several options.  some of which are as follows.  If there are any other options people want let me know

Manifold modified for US Spec heads with 65mm TB

Manifold modified for US Spec heads with TB flange to fit US 65mm Ford TB (you supply the TB)

Manifold modified for use with 2nd Gen Magna Head with 65mm TB

Manifold modified for use with 2nd Gen Magna Head with flange to fit US 65mm TB (you supply the TB)

Soon pricing will be ready for these options.  Each purchase will count toward the total and help the discount.  Don't expect a huge discount.  Glen doesn't have enough of a markup to do that.  When pricing is ready we'll set a deadline and Glen will begin accepting payment.  We'll do payment in full up front so the sooner everyone pays, the sooner the manifolds go out.  Stay tuned.

well is this an option,

3rd GEN head,

intake: unmoded intake manifold flange that mounts to the 3rd gen head

running the water to the rear near the fire wall ( due to un moded flange)

flange plate for US Spec T-body

thanks!

well is this an option,

3rd GEN head,

thanks!

yes that will not be a problem.  That's one of the beauties of working with Glen.  What he lacks in speed, he makes up for in flexibility and know how.  

Prices coming soon, sorry for the delay.  It's safe to say if you have around $400 laying around you'll be able to get in quick.  Actual pricing is pending approval from higher.

Well then i want that setup!

price please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

3rd GEN head,  

thanks!

I'd say there's interest enough to kick it off and I have prices as follows.  The total purchase we make counts toward the total for each choice.  So basically if we get some of each option, which is sure to be the case, we get pricing for the total number that we buy.  I beat that to death

2)Manifold modified for US Spec heads with 65mm TB  

$700

10-20 $650

20 & up $625

I'll let you know where to send payment soon.  For now just gather up your money and email turbo12@cox.net to be added to the confirmed buying list.  Don't do this 'till you are sure you're paying within one month which is the closing date I expect.  

All aud

this is all AUSSI price right ???? not $700 Us ...

I don't think that was a smartass question, but it sure was replyed to in that fashion...

Take care

Shawn

Thanks Shawn....

I just want to make sure what I am getting into ....this is not an easy thing to buy

I dont have money coming out my A$$.. so I want to make sure what kind of

money to come out with........

I am not trying to be a stick in the  A$$ for you...

being that said

count me in chiplee

Frank......

"Any chance that includes shipping"  would have gotten a "no, sorry man"

"shipping included 'right'" key word "right" gets a smart a** remark because it sounded like he was assuming that since the price was "so high" it must include shipping.  If I'm anything I'm a smartass.  But I mean come on gents.  An MPI manifold for half the cost of any other manifold available today and we're supposed to get international shipping for free too, which can cost 1/4 the price of the manifold?  I don't think so, sorry.  the 10 to 20 price comes to about $400 depending on which converter you use and that's a $20 discount according to the site.  Glen can't go down far because he hasn't gone up far.  He hasn't price gouged because of demand so he has to cover costs and made a buck or two.  I'm very glad you're in Frank, I know you'll not regret it, and I apologize for being a smartass.  Shawn I like being called out so thanks, you're right.

Chip,

What exact set up do you have? Magna manifold modified for US spec head with Aussie 65mm TB or Ford 65mm TB?

What's the difference between using the Aussie TB vs Ford TB? Any pros or cons?

In the prior GP, didn't you guys also have the option to purchase the Aussie distributor? What's so special about this distributor vs our OEM unit?

Thanks!