110AMP Alternator kit  FINISHED

Starcon88

Hey guys

I'm back ;), with a kit so you will not have to go throught the hassle of finding the right alternator. This kit is all you need to install your upgraded 110AMP Alternator it bolts in factory mounting bracket and plugs in the factory harness, very easy installation if you follow the step by step instructions that comes with the kit. The kit comes with...

110AMP Alternator (Refinished as seen in the pictures!!)

Custom pulley  

Larger belt  

Step by step intructions

Here's some pictures of the kit installed  

http://www.geocities.com/starcon88/Custom_pully

http://www.geocities.com/starcon88/new_old

Here's some pictures of the 110AMP Alternator

http://www.geocities.com/starcon88/Alternator  

What is the big deal with this alternator you might be asking? On a stock application you will notice that under any kind of a load at idel that alternator will come back with POWER to power whatever you need, NO hesitation!! There is a 6 month warranty on the alternator and pully. If the Alternator craps out on you send it back to me and I will send you a new one. Now its time to start talking about $$$, this kit will run you

FULL KIT IS $175+S&H :o

A minimum of 5 orders is needed. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at  Starcon88@yahoo.com  or just PM me if you would like to. I accept paypal and money orders.

Kurt

Hi everyone,

Right now its looking like this is going to happen but I am just waiting to hear back from a few people. If there are anymore people interested please e-mail me soon, I will be collecting payment soon and after that its kinda finished, unless all this starts up again. Thanks alot for your continuing interest ;D

Kurt

Hey guys,

I think I should have mentioned, that after receiving everyones payment it will take me about 2 to 3 weeks max to get the alternators, refinish them, and have to pulleys machined. Then they will be ready for shipping. Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my first post.

Kurt

P.S. Yeah I will try to get 2 extra kits made just for some people that down the line might want one, thats for the idea Zero ;D

P.S.S. I will be taking orders until the end of the month, then I will start to receive payment.

how would it work with the thinner belt? i am using the non-AC 85 pulley which uses the thinner belt.

btw, i think the belt used in the picture could be 1-2" shorter to bring the alternator closer to the engine. it would sit way out near the frame with that belt.

Yes i am still taking orders but the dead line is friday. I will try to have an extra 2 kits made up. If you want a kit please e-mail me at  Starcon88@yahoo.com  I will be taking payment between now and Friday. I will work the details out with you thought e-mail... It great that I have so many people thanks alot guys

Kurt

Hopefully you mean friday night because I just added some money to my paypal act and it takes a few days for anything to show up.  Hopefully it will be there thursday afternoon but who knows.  I'll get it to you asap.

Thanks again

Zero

Give me a ballpark on shipping??

Hopefully you mean friday night because I just added some money to my paypal act and it takes a few days for anything to show up.  Hopefully it will be there thursday afternoon but who knows.  I'll get it to you asap.

Thanks again

Zero

Give me a ballpark on shipping??

Hey Zero, I would have to say a ball park of no more than 20 to 25 bucks I would guess it to be around 15 maybe 20 MAX. To everyone out there and you to Zero, I mean dead line as in, thats when I would like to get the money and FINALLY get this going. I will have 2 to 3 more kits made up for the late birds ;). Aight guys i'm outa here, Cya later

Kurt

So in other words this is a stock alternator for a 3kgt, with a pulley custom machined to work on our cars engine, correct? Is the pulley the same diameter as a stock 3kgt's? If it is bigger?, then you run into problems with the altenator charging itself, the larger pulley inhibits the alternator and it won't spin fast enough to create an EMP. Just questions that have to be asked.

Glenn

So in other words this is a stock alternator for a 3kgt, with a pulley custom machined to work on our cars engine, correct? Is the pulley the same diameter as a stock 3kgt's? If it is bigger?, then you run into problems with the altenator charging itself, the larger pulley inhibits the alternator and it won't spin fast enough to create an EMP. Just questions that have to be asked.

Glenn

Yes, I am useing a stock 110AMP 3000GT alternator but the 110AMP alternators are hard to come by since they only put them in the DOHC and VR-4 3000GT's. The pulleys are machined just like a stock conquest one, same diameter and everything so you will not have a problem with over charging or under charging and the grove that the belt rides on will be the same as the conquest alternator pulley. If you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me or post if you would like to, Thanks alot for you interest guys

Kurt

I think Tim's questions/comments are legit.   I mean the guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to automobile alternators/stators, he works with them every day.   Plus he has been down the path of alternate starquest alternators before.  

But enough with that and onto the main point I wanted to make:

This post is going back and forth and I am completely confused about what you are actually offering in this GP.  So, I would seriously take Tim's advice and start up a new thread which discusses exactly what kind of alternators you are using and whether they are used/new/rebuilt, methods explaining exactly how they were rebuilt if that is the method you are using, what parts you are procuring, what mods need to be done for installation, what the warranty claim on the parts is, and of course the price breakdown.   Also, it is perfectly fine to inflate the price some to pay for your time and effort as well, but just be honest with us about it.    

I believe that is all that Tim is asking, for an honest posting on what you did and how much you are charging for that service.   Then I think a good "technical" discussion can commence about this modification.   I really think that you have a good idea stirring, lets just clarify a few things and go from there.  

kev  

Aight Tim_C sorry for blowing off at you but I do know what i'm doing i'm not just shooting in the dark here. I know that my pulley works thats one my car right now, when I go to the machine shop I am going to bring mine and show them what grove I need cut, there just going to modify mine a little bit, if anything happens weird with the pulleys like they don't turn out or whatever, everyone that has send me money for the kit will be refunded and the money for the junked pulleys will come out of my pocket. I will only be bead blasting the cases and repainting them, cleaning everything else out and checking everything out. I know how these things come apart and go back together, I have messed with mine a bunch of times. Well about the HIGH RPM's and the belt I can't really say, I have taken my car to 6,500 RPMs and I didn't have a problem but I can't say anything about people that will be that high everyday, I didn't mean to take mine that high, I had missed a shift and boom I was up there in no time. Oh yes and the price on the pulleys is very different now since I won't have 20 people. If I had 20 people each pulley would be around 55 dollars but now since I only have 8 or 9 people its going to be alot more. Is there anything else that needs to be addressed?

Kurt

No, I can see that it is a good alternator type, and you are at the mercy of the pulley price. With the right belt, it will pull up tight enough. Just use a high quality belt. As long as the pulley is factory deep, there should be no problems. We have seen fuse link wires burn up with our alternators on there. They can't handle the 110Amps, so if the battery is dead, and you jump start it, then the alternator will charge the 110Amps and fry the link. We tell everyone that an upgrade link is advised however I have the stock link on mine. I just know not to let the battery drain all the way down, or charge it up first before using it again. I need to put one on, but haven't got around to it.

The Mitsu alternators are definitely above average, and the typical salvage one should last quite a while. I'm not sure how well it cools itself if asked to charge 90+ Amps for sustained periods on a big stereo system. But then, there is no perfectly cooling one like that under $500.

Thats weird becuase I used my alternator to charge my battery and it worked excellent, I ran that thing constantly for 2 days and damn, that battery was fully charged. I had to charge it because I was stupid and ran the battery dead blasting the stereo for like 5 hours 2 days in a row :-/. Aight well sorry again Tim for blowing my stack :-/

Kurt