3:90 and rear end bearings??

haztoys

Hey All

Me name keeps coming up when theres rear end gears around and thats good I would say.

Anyone up for a 3:90 gears GP "and or" Rear end bearings GP?

I have some number$ on some parts , and some part numbers

Two of the bearings are HIGH money and I think I may have found a cheaper #.

Am I wasting my time or should I keep moving fourword on this

I'm going to "stock" a "set" "kit" at my shop . I need a set for me any how.

Have Fun

Hey All

Wow only THREE of you want gears???  :'(  :-/

I've been 'digging and looking all over on numbers and price.

I needed to find a better suplier of bearings any how for my shop. So I guess all this is not a wash.

I need a week or so to get it all numbered up and all . Theres a good friend who is another " Gear and bearing Doctor" who is out of town and I ' best' get the "Great Wizards" in put on this.

--______________________________________________________SOOOOOOOOOO

DIFF and PINION BEARINGS

The two diff bearing on the LSD are the killer on money end of this if you do not know this allready.

But I got a set of diff bearings coming. And if there right I can cut this price WAY down. I can get  "Full Bearing and Seal Kit" for a Ford or Chev rear end for LESS then what the two diff bearings cost  on a Quest, and thats the bearings NOT the 'race'

What a joke!!!

But it looks like I got that worked out.  keep your fingers crossed ;)

The Pinion bearing are cake to get

It looks like the bearings are going to be TIMKEN brand and "NOT" some 'low rent' bearings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORQUE SHAFT BEARING

Years ago I found a "HEAVYDUTY" bearing for the "Torque Shaft" . This maybe old news to you all on this form or maybe it's not ???? But I'm going to put that in the "kit" too . The bearing is a 'drop in' on a stock torque housing . The bearing has more balls to support the load.

I do a 'mod ' on the torque shaft housing at the shop that puts a "two row bearing " in the housing. But that takes cutting on the housing and the shaft.  I do not know if this is realy 'needed' but my Wife keep blasting the torque housing out of her car untill I did this mod????????????????? I think its just a case of "estrogen poisoning" that my Wife has and not a "Needed" mod????????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEARS

The gears have to come from the "Dealer" as we all know and I have three dealers working on it.

I did the junk yard hunt for some 'core' drop outs. In my part of the world and came up with "none" . Scarp car  metal was up to 50.00 a ton so the yards in AZ are all cleaned out. .

I did find 10 truck 3:90 rear ends in my hunt.

So let me know.

David

Hazardous Toy inc

Hazz i think once a few guys  have done the swap   many more  will pile in on the wagon, most have to  be proven  it works  befor  jumping in  to doing it

but then it's not going  to be for  every  one.. those worrie'd about  mpg  , best for get it  , my figures show about  500 to 550  rpms  drop  from a  3:54

by the way  i am going to have to go to the 3:90  rear gear's or  give up  od when towing the  boat,, an that is a no no  at these  gas prices

If you have the sizes of the bearings and seals, try Bill Abel at Western Drivetrain: 800.595.6042

Last I spoke to him he couldn't find anything for the application in his books so he'd need the exact sizes of everything. His prices are great, he carries Timken and Yukon rebuild kits.

If you come up with a complete kit to rebuild a 89 LSD, I'm interested.

I also work at Dynotech Performance (www.dynotechperformance.com), so if there is any such thing as dealer pricing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Im interested, still looking for a set myself. I have access to bearings also for my uncle owns a power transmission shop. Lots of bearings, he had some for my old 81 yamaha DT125 engine.  ;D

So how this looking?

Steven

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey All

Sorry so slow on this heres the best I could come up with . We just got a  mitsu dealer in town and the parts manager is a old freind who worked at a nother dealer in town and mover away and now he's back and is willing to 'hook us up' . Way cool guy will even get the "mikro fish" out on parts :)

Ok this is the best I could do.

3:90  350.00 + shipping

4:22  300.00+shipping

This price is for 5 sets if we can gets 10 sets sold he will nock off a nother 5%!!!

Working on the bearing will let you know in a day or three

Let me know sorry it could not be less

Have Fun

David

Hazardous Toy inc

I'm very interested. My LSD took a crap and now I'm going to have it rebuilt and I want to upgrade to 3.90's.

Just wondering if you could price me for everything  new. I have a local guy who said hat if i bring him everything, he will rebuild the rear for $300.

Let me know Haz.