Big Brakes Spacer/Brkt KIT Start a new GP ?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jr-ss

I am still trying to see if it will be cheaper for me to get all the parts and offer them as a kit or will it be cheaper for you guys to get them from "WOOD" thats were I got my REAR SET of Lines.

I am working with DOOMID on this issue as far as PART NUmbers for the brake lines as we might be able to get the brake lines for less.

STAY Tunned.

Backslider... ALL Pics are HERE.....

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oscardortega/lst?.dir=/Big+Brakes&.view=t ://http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oscardor...es&.view=t ://http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oscardor...es&.view=t

THIS and More LINKS were posted on the FIRST POST originally.

Oscar, just giving heads up...

I might not be able to get the funds. Have to get a new windshield (damn gravel trucks) And the lowest quote so far has been 325!.

I think I might be able to swing it if some things turn out in the next 2 weeks, but just giving a courtesy heads up.

Did you try to wave the guy down.  they have to pay for that if they know they did it.  Also your insurance company should have a whole seperate extension for windshield glass claims.  Usually $100 flat fee and you never have to go anywhere.  Guy just comes and does it at your place.  Just a heads up, incase you weren't aware.

Did you try to wave the guy down.  they have to pay for that if they know they did it.  Also your insurance company should have a whole seperate extension for windshield glass claims.  Usually $100 flat fee and you never have to go anywhere.  Guy just comes and does it at your place.  Just a heads up, incase you weren't aware.

Well I am happy that I was on a flat road, as it scared the hell outta me. Nothing like your rearview mirror coming at you while your doing 70! Just out of reaction, and freash brakes, the car went sideways, but at least I kept it in my lane.

I got the plate, and I called insurance. They refuse to pay for it. I called the company that owned the truck, they said "with nothing less then a video recording of it happening" they are not going to pay for it.

sorry to clog up this thread but I hate pm'ing.  And we can delete these posts in a bit.  Which insurance company do you have?  Someone, other than you, needs to pay for that windshield.  Other than your "glass" deductable.

HMMM doesnt look like it is going to work, why dont some interested people let us know what it will take to get this GP GOING.

we need prices on the calipers bro .A good price likr one where you only make like 10 a caliper over cost . LOL

Scotty

Caliper pricing IS POSTED on the FIRST ORIGINAL POST. For both 4 and 6 piston calipers.

I have NO MINIMUM on brackets/addapter/Spacers orders. I am still working on trying to decifer all the part numbers for the Front Brake Lines.

The Calipers as of now DOOMID has a great price on them.

So we still have slightly less than three (3) weeks to get this finalized and deposit sent in.

ANY Questions or concerns please e-mail me oscardortega@yahoo.com

Thanks

Oscar

Ding...Ding...Ding....Ding....

If I may......

DOOMID (Shahim) contacted me regarding the Caliper Part numbers so he may look into pricing as to offer his servises IN ADDITION to the GP being conducted here for ALL CUSTOM MADE parts needed for the Brake Upgrades. As soon as he got pricing he contacted me at work and asked me to post the prices on the POST, and I DID.

We are still looking for numbers on the rotors but it takes a little time.

Besides guys/gals REMEMBER this GP is for the CUSTOM MANUFACTURED PARTS ONLY and anything other than that it WILL BE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. YES I posted prices for the calipers as quoted by DOOMID. If you wish to go to HIM directly and purchace through him WELL GREAT you'll be supporting a member, if you will like to do your own reserch and look for prices on your own WELL thats great as well. Thats the WHOLE point of this. YOU CAN SHOP AROUND for WHAT YOU THINK is the BEST DEAL FOR YOU.

On another note I like to run my GP's as CLEAN and as ORGANIZED as possible. I know that NOT everyone will agree with I have to post here, BUT lets keep to the subject at hand PLEASE.

Thank you all for reading.

regards

Oscar

PS. ANY Questions, comments and/or concerns PLEASE e-mail DIRECTLY oscardortega@yahoo.com And if you feel the need PLEASE post in the "FEEDBACK FORUM" section of this board. I have had SEVERAL runnings with some members on this board and I have dealt with them on a PERSONAL BASIS and if that failed I just called Vinnie Vertalucci and he took care of those knee caps for me, if you know what I mean  ;)

"Cant we all JUST get along"

We can either settle this HERE, Like Civilized MEN.....

Or Outside Like Rhen and Stimpy.  ;D

For those of you that do not know who Rhen and Stimpy are, SUBSTITUTE for Tom and Jerry, or Itchy and Scratchy.

Thanks again

So.....who else wants the addapter brackets and Spacers ?

Regards

Oscar

Well it may just get better.

I just came back from the Machine shop and YES we can make the brackets to accomodate a 13" rotor for those of you that will be going to a 17" wheel and HAVE the added wheel space. it may ONLY be a $20.00 to $30.00 (if that as per the machinist) more per set for the NEW TEMPLATE that has to be done.

So the 13" rotor Bracket set-up IS A GO !

Thanks

Oscar

Scotty

Wheel Spacers NO    ROTOR SPACERS YES.

The ORIGINAL required NO WHEEL SPACERS only ROTOR SPACERS to allow enough clearence between the caliper and the rotor.

The ROTOR SPACER needed is Aprox. 1/8" but NOT sure of the EXACT thickness.

Any further questions just POST or E-mail me

Oscar

Hello Guys

Well Otis from Midwest Turbo has contacted me with an updated price on the calipers. The price he's offering is $115.00ea for the 4 piston Willwood Calipers. He will have to have 5 Orders to accomodate this price but I dont see why this cant be achieved. We have 4 guys in for the bracket and spacer kits so all we need is one more for you guys can get in on the calipers.

More p[ricing will be comming soon.

thanks again

oscar

Scotty

As of NOW I have prices for SOME and prices from Precision Brakes.

I will be getting the part numbers for the Rotors to Otis to see what can he do for us.

As far as totals well it will depend on how many guys JUMP on the wagon.

The Addapter/Brackets/Spacers/fastner KIT WILL vary in price as more kits are sold.

So as of NOW the price on the Addapter/Brackets/Spacers/fastner KIT is CORRECT (If the machine shop lowers MY PRICE, I will LOWER the price of the KIT the same amount.

As for the calipers Otis can get us that price as long as we have 5 or more orders.

As for the FRONT CUSTOM Brake lines (Unique for the Big Brakes) they WILL be in the $100.00 to $120.00 Neighborhood from whomever you get them from.

Sorry I was unable to get you a FULL Price but things change on a daily basis and thats whats good about this GP, you can buy from whomever you wish to buy from and get YOUR best price by buying all components SEPARATELLY.

And as for will it be under $800.00... Well the main thing will be "VOLUME" If more KITS are ordered I can drop the price because I will ALSO get a price break for more kits made. And that will be true for the rotors, brake lines, calipers, Brake pads, ect. So YES IT IS POSSIBLE.

Thanks

Oscar

• 2 weeks later...

No Problem Chiplee

As long as you CAN Guarrantee me that you will be getting funds to me I will put the order through no problem. I am looking at placing the order late this week.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be sending a MASS e-mail shortly to all that showed interest.

Thanlks

Oscar

Guys.....Guys.....

Out of 9 interested people I have ONLY gotten replies from THREE (3) of you.

If you have ALLREADY REPLIED to my earlier e-mail or have contacted me VIA PM PLEASE Disregard this post.

It DOES NOT MATTER wether or not you will be participating in this GP or not, JUST let me know wether or not you will be part of it or not PLEASE.

As of now I have had one member drop out, Another member will be making deposits shortly and yet another have made Payment allready.

So PLEASE take a few SECONDS to e-mail me oscardortega@yahoo.com with "WITHDRAW FROM BRAKE GP" on the subject line if you are not able to participate or reply with time frame for funds IF YOU HAVE NOT allready done so.

Thank you for your TIMELY reply

Oscar