S&M SturtBar Closed look 4 another in the future

ESIrType?

My brother and I are going to offer this limited time group purchase for our complete strut bar set for $175, plus shipping.

Shipping varies between $10 and $20 depending on the state (Ca). All orders are shipped by way of USPS. Zip code shipped from is 16323 and the package weight is 11lbs.

We looking for 8 buyers for this limited time offer.

1. 88TSI_Rob Shipped

2. Rusky Estimated ship date 2/7/04

3. Oscar Shipped

4. Conquestlevy7 Shipped

5. Rooster Shipped

6. Gary Shipped

7. Phill Shipped

8. TonyTsi Shipped

9. PhatHp Shipped

10. Blissland Shipped

11. FiggitNo1 Shipped

Payment options are PayPal or money order

Paypal me at Starquest@shiftboots.zzn.com

Or send a money order to

Shawn or Michael Frederick

312 Big Oak Drive

Franklin, Pa 16323

Please include real name and SQC screen name with payment.

$175 get's you,

1 front, tri-bar set made of 1" t6 6061 polished aluminum for the main bar and 3/4" t6 6061 polished aluminum for the firewall bars.

1 rear bar made of 1" t6 6061 polished aluminum. We will custom bend the bar to your specs for free or you can leave it straight.

Our bars

*Are custom handmade, not modified bars

* will fit 83-89

*clear 83-86 TB and 87-89 TB which sits closer to the firewall

*will clear all emmisions equiptment

*clear all heat sheilds

*clear all breather hoses

*will fit on MPI cars

*require no cutting or drilling, with the exceptions of the small slits for the rear bar brackets.

*Rear bar is designed for removable without disassebling the rear interior pieces.

*The rear bar can be removed in 1 minute

*Adjustable for tuning

*Plates and main supports are made of 3/16" steel

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/set.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/86_front.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/front_side_1.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/rear_bar_interior.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/rear_clear.JPG

For more information or pictures, please visit our site.

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/stru.../strut_bars.htm

Feed back from one of our buyers, scroll to the bottom.

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1043536378

For shipping estiment goto www.USPS.com

Feel free to contact my brother or myself for any questions or further information!

Thanks,

Shawn and Mike

Note 10/26, we'll start on the sets as soon as payment is made.

Sounds good guys.  I think I will be down for a set.  What if I were to order shifter boots at the same time?

Well Rusky, how about I take $5 of anyone of my boots or $10 my boot package. How does that sound? And I'll ship it all out together.

Thanks,

Shawn

I need a front set.  I have the stedebani stuff but it doesn't fit over the plenum on  my mpi so it looks like your raised design will solve that problem for me.

thanks, sign me up

edit: ok in my excitement I jumped the gun a bit.  I see that a full set appears to be all that's available right now.  that's fine, but here's my question.  Do you guys know (via test fitting) if this bar will bolt to the top of the stedebani camber plates in the front.  Here's a look at how they sit.  The towers for the stedebani bar are integral to the camber plate so I anticipate mounting issues with your bar.  If your bar is adjustable I wouldn't be surprised if it fit my setup which would mean I could just use a front bar, and since the stedebani stuff includes firewall triangulation bars also that would probably be the most cost effective for me.  Don't know if you can sell me just a bar or not, but it never hurts to ask.

I need a front set.  I have the stedebani stuff but it doesn't fit over the plenum on  my mpi so it looks like your raised design will solve that problem for me.

thanks, sign me up

Chip,

Ill see what I can come up with for you.

Shawn

also forgot to add the pic.  Here it is, maybe you're already familiar or have a set for measurement.  that would be sweet, but if not let me know.  I had taken some measurements and if your bar is adjustable by a 1/4 inch on each side and within a 1/2 inch in length I figure it'll work.  Don't know what size bolt hole is in it though.  The stedebani bar is quite large, the bolts I mean.

http://www.26liter.us/dugallery/pictures/nightengine.jpg

edit: oh and that yellow shift boot on the right in the row of 4 pics is hot man.  I don't know why I haven't gotten one of those from you yet but I want it to come with whatever I end up buying for the strut bar issue.  Just tell me where to send how much money and I'll be on it.  I don't mind if I have to pay a little more or can't be included in the gp.  If the measurements are the same, on the strut bar length I'll buy your whole set, and get a bent/raised bar, then sell the set with my straight stedebani bar since people without mpi don't need a raised bar.  the stedebani bar is adjustable by quite a bit and the bolt holes could be shimed I think.  anyway, going golfing now.

Here it is, maybe you're already familiar or have a set for measurement.  that would be sweet, but if not let me know.  I had taken some measurements and if your bar is adjustable by a 1/4 inch on each side and within a 1/2 inch in length I figure it'll work.  

I've seen a few pictures before of the ST bars. I have never seen one in person and don't have the measurements either.

What do you mean about 1/2" of adjustability?

Ours are adjustable for more or less tension. In anycase, I'm sure we can work this out.

I believe Steb's tri-bars connect to the main bar, right? Our tri-bar connects to the mounting plate near the stud closest to the fenders.

Our bar could be drilled, tap and have a heli coil inserted to adapt Steb's tri-bars.

Give me a few days, I'll see what I can come up with. If you give us the lenght you need, we will cut it to that length. Also if you need it bend, we'll go from there and work things out.

Also, there's no need to sell you a whole set, we can get you what you need without all the extras. This should keep costs down for you.

I'm glad you like that boot, I think it's a really nice looking boot to. Someone from the eastern part of Pa bought that one and is the only one to date made.

Shawn

The turn out for this GP is faster than I expected.

I'm thinking about adding a few bars at this price. At this moment, I'm only thinking, I need to discuss it with my brother before anything is final.

Thanks for the great turnout guys,

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to update you guys and let you know what's going on.

Before the inital GP I ordered enough aluminum for the sets. Well since then I have stop at my suplier 7-10 times. The problem is that they do not stock the aluminum, what they do is order it from their main store 70 miles away. Anyways after being told it would be in by a certian date, a few times, it wasn't. So they found out why they weren't receiving it. The problem was the main store's computers were off and they had a total of 0 aluminum tube in stock. They reordered about 3 weeks ago and I have been stopping in 2-3 times a week to see if it was in yet. We as of yesterday their main store still didn't have it.

What I am going to do is look for another supplier. My current supplier is the closest I know of within 70 miles. I'll see what I can come up with for next week.

Please forgive us for the delay, we're doing what we can to resolve this issue and get your sets out to you asap.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, great news!! The aluminum will be in tomorrow!!! The aluminum I was told would definately be in last week, well as of today it wasn't in. I was told it's in the warehouse in Erie, Pa (70 miles north) and it will be in tomorrow (12/3)! This has been the hold up on getting the sets out. The manager at my supplier called and was chewing someone out about this while I was there. This aluminum problem is not my suppliers fault or mine, but purchasings fault. Reguardless Mike and I are terribly sorry to keep you guys waiting. We will be shipping the sets out shortly.

Thanks and sorry again guys,

Shawn

Hey Shawn

YOU KNOW you can take your time with mine.... Besides I will NOT be in town from Dec. 15th till Jan 10th so you can PUSH my ship date as far back as you want and give way to the other guys that may want them sooner.

So I OFFICIALLY give UP my place in line.

Thanks for offering these to us.

So anyhow... is it safe to ask about the STATUS of the "PROJECT" we had been discussing ??  ;D

Talk to you later

Oscar

Hey Shawn

YOU KNOW you can take your time with mine.... Besides I will NOT be in town from Dec. 15th till Jan 10th so you can PUSH my ship date as far back as you want and give way to the other guys that may want them sooner.

So I OFFICIALLY give UP my place in line.

Thanks for offering these to us.

So anyhow... is it safe to ask about the STATUS of the "PROJECT" we had been discussing ??  ;D

Talk to you later

Oscar

Thanks Oscar, you're a good man. I'll time it so I can get you your goods when you get back. I appreciate your offer!

Also, I'll get further into the "project" today for you.

Thanks again,

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
Mine just showed up at the door.  Killer design!  Thanks!

Thanks Gary, we both appreciate the feedback! We spend countless hours designing these, not to mention the many prototypes.

Again, sorry for the wait!

Thanks, Shawn

I can't wait to get mine. I will get it powder coated,and lettered.

I know it will be mine, but do you have a preference Shawn on the lettering

style. If so can you give me a sample?

I can't wait to see it powedcoated! Do you plan on powdercoating the bars too? We do etch our logo into the aluminum if this helps you get an idea of what the lettering is like.

http://mysite.verizon.net/Bsfrederick/strut_bars/s&m_header.jpg

Thanks guys,

Shawn

Mine just showed up at the door.  Killer design!  Thanks!

I meant to comment on the bars too. They are just plain awesome! I was extremely happy to see that the quality is equal to or better than any manufactured strut bar I've seen. I'm really impressed. Great job guys!

Shawn I apologize, I meant to get in touch with you a couple weeks ago. I've got an email heading your way now.