Aussie MPI GP (latest from Glen)

chiplee

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, do yourselves a favor and go with a stand alone system, ie. SDS. Thats the only way you can get the max performance from your MPI conversion. I'm assuming thats the reason your converting(performance)? Believe me you'll be saving yourself from all the headache of trying to find one that will work and if you do find one the wiring is a whole different story. With the SDS system your wiring will be complete in a couple of hours  and best of all complete control of your car. But if you insist on using a stock system from another vehicle why not the turbo Dodges? Theyre pretty much in every yard and easily upgradeable.

My 2cents!

Thanks, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Ok you all, :)

Now how many of you that got in on the Magna GP and have received their Magna Intake System to date?  Is this person in Aussi legit or not?  Just want to know because I may want to buy one in the near future but I have not herd of to many people receiving there's yet.  So far I now of one person that received it.

Thanks,

Gerry

sup guys, this is weird because i thought the group buy price was around

$350-380 US and i just got paypal request for $547? maybe that's Aussie $$$?

this includes intake and electronic distributor which has two output signals

for cam and crank reference, distributor was to be around $100 Aussie($50 US)

anybody in charge of GB could talk to Glen? in the meantime i'll email him too,

rob NJ.

"Money Request Details

Amount:  $547.30

Note:  were buying 57 us cents atm.. was 52 not that long ago.. let it go a few days and c if it drops again if u like? anyway this is for the Intake with 65mm TB abd a magna EFI Distributor and post to your door. email me your details.. cheers Clen Kimpton

sup guys, this is weird because i thought the group buy price was around

$350-380 US and i just got paypal request for $547? maybe that's Aussie $$$?

this includes intake and electronic distributor which has two output signals

for cam and crank reference, distributor was to be around $100 Aussie($50 US)

anybody in charge of GB could talk to Glen? in the meantime i'll email him too,

rob NJ.

"Money Request Details

Amount:  $547.30

Note:  were buying 57 us cents atm.. was 52 not that long ago.. let it go a few days and c if it drops again if u like? anyway this is for the Intake with 65mm TB abd a magna EFI Distributor and post to your door. email me your details.. cheers Clen Kimpton

Ok this could get long.  Let me say that I could be at fault in large part for the increases in cost for this manifold.  Typically when a GP closes all buyers have their money in to the supplier.  This large lump of cash covers the suppliers costs and is a big reason we get a cheaper price.  In this case Glen could have bought a TIG welder instead of renting one for example.  The way we did it, Glen has incured alot of out-of-pocket expenses getting these things started.  I chose not to ask everyone to pay because we were doing business across the globe and I didn't want to be the reason 50+ people sent $400+ half way around the world and never saw it again.  This helped cause massive delays and extra expenses, so I apologize.  Now for the multitude of other legitimate and understandable reasons the price of the intake has risen.  Understand this, Glen told me he is "not price hiking out of greed" and I believe him.  Glen did not plan to install the heater port at the rear of the intake and chose to do so because it makes a nicer and easier install than coming up from the bottom of the intake to the stock Magna port.  This requires more welding.  He has to get "cones spun up for the thermostat work in", the new housing is completely fabricated.  The manifolds are used, hence the price, but that means they are dirty.  Glen could just brush them off and focus on the parts he needs to weld, but he wants to have them dipped before he starts so they are ready to install, this will cost a little extra.  He is working on a throttle linkage set up so it's a simple bolt up to the stock cable, or perhaps a redily available cable, but as it stands you are left to provide your own linkage setup.  he has to buy packing materials, supplies, and things he honestly admits he hadn't taken into account.  If you're thinking "too bad he gave us a price and he should stick too it" then please remember that I found Glen's site just as he was starting his business back when this GP started over 9 months ago.  He said he simply underestimated the costs.  All that being said, Glen is willing to sell the manifolds at $600au as promised to the 56 original GP members.  He will however, need payment in full up front as is the standard practice with GPs.  That is the only way he'll be able to afford selling them at that price and they will have only the original features, of course.  You will have the option to add any extras you want at the time of ordering and payment.  If this is what the original GP members want as a group then we will collectively set a closing date for payment and move forward with the GP in that way.  Anyone who has not made payment by that date will be subject to whatever price Glen sees fit.  You will receive an email if you are one of the 56. please reply to that email with your thoughts/feelings on the matter.  If you don't get the email and you think you should have, then email me and tell me who you are and what your old email addy was.  

Thanks for the info Chip, I have a question: Does this mean that we are able to purchase the intake with all the options we wan't or does it mean that if we wan't to buy through the GP we cannot get the intake with any options? I know that Glen is properly the only one with the answer for this one, but I'd like to know.......

David Schouenborg (Denmark)

"You will have the option to add any extras you want at the time of ordering and payment."

This line in the post was meant to indicate that you, as a GP member, could add extra features when you order.  Some things will just become options, but everything that Glen had originally planned to do to the intakes will be done.

;D, well, i already sent him $500US(1100AUSTR.?) and like i said before i got it cause i still thought it was a good price, i actualy talked to Glen about  a week ago

or so and have to tell you guys Glen is an awesome guy ;D, we talked for about

40 min and it was like 10pm in aussie, can't wait to get mine, the guys with SDS sys.,

how do you like the tuning on it? i'm thinking going with the new AEM racing computer http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm  , looks impressive with its

many features, also getting a wide band in your car is a good idea, i just  did FJO

wide band in my Supra which i did a single turbo conversion on and that thing helps a lot in tuning, i got it from a guy who is a wholesaler for FJO so if anybody wants one let me know and i'll hook you up with him, he was doing a group buy for Supra

guys so i got on it($830 shipped, datta logging etc..)-   http://www.fjoinc.com/automotive/products.htm#wbo2  ,

here is couple of pics of my Dawgs: http://groups.msn.com/supraland/shoebox.msnw?Page=1 ,

there are 3 pages, rob NJ.

:)  Hey 89tsi20g  I just did a AEM system plug and play in a 93 lexus SC 300 that we struffed a  2JZ TT in it we pulled from a 96 Supra we built a few years back that put 502 to the ground.  That system is Awsome  But I must say it is way advanced and has many features that we would never utilize in the Quest for the money I think unless you run a Automatic wich we are planning to do in the 89 we are going to build this summer for next year.  I Would suggest of course the Haltech fore your Quest ( Obviously because I sell them ) but I really think for the money the E6K is the best bang for the buck for the Quest.  But If you can afford the AEM PEM'S go for the bells and whistles cause it is the BOMB for sure. If you do decide to go with AEM I can Get the system for You because I do tuning for a local shop   "IMPORT SPORTS"  that is a AEM dealer and we have been trained on the system.  So let me no if you go either Haltech or AEM PEM's I can Help. And That goes fopr Everyone else also.

Bill Dermota

Fuel Injection Specialties.

http://users.starpower.net/mtech

• 4 weeks later...

I got very little input from "the original members" but what I did get has lead me to post the following.  All interested original GP members who pay by the end of July will receive original pricing.  If you are not willing to pay in advance or if you fail to meet the deadline, expect to pay whatever Glen charges and don't cry about it, at least not here or to me or to Glen. Cry all you want curled up in the corner of your livingroom naked and shivering, but I don't want to know about it.  I'm just kidding, there was very little crying or complaining, there was really only reasonable mention of price increases and I hope it's been explained to everyone's satisfaction.  I just think that now that the manifolds are arriving, and Glen can obviously be trusted we are safe to make pre-payments.  So you've got about 3 weeks but if that's too short you've actually had almost a year so no extensions.  Glen is very easy to get ahold of on ICQ and is always willing to chat, you can arrange a time to call.  Please note that Glen is 14 hours ahead of us and can usually be reached by phone in the late morning to afternoon hours Australia time.  Good luck.

also note that if you're a late comer to the Magna intake purchase you can still call and order from 4gmitsu, and you will get a very reasonable price.  

It would be nice if I could get mine in.  I was told it was shipped back in May, but was shipped back to Glen due to some error in shipping address.  Then I was told in June It was corrected and I should recieve it in a week or so.  It's already past the first week in July and still no sign of it and no replys to my many emails.  Lets just say I'm a little ticked.  >:(