IGNITION BOX / AIC

Heron

On my shopping around the world I also found a very strong ignition.

I sent a copy of a few pages of our service manual to the manufacturer to check for a specific setup for us. He will give the answer this following week.

He also makes AIC (addition injector controller) and it's SEQUENTIAL; it controls up to 10 injectors depending on the OMS.

I have a shart that compares his ignition to some others and it's as follows:

IG. MODEL     VOLTAGE     MILIJOULES   SPARK TIME        SPWIRES  #WIRES  WORK

13.8VOLTS     W/COIL       POWER         MICROSECOND   TYPE                        ON ANY

1 : 100                                                                                       EFI?

VW MI            34.000        80                    9                      DIRECT      4            NO

CRANE-HI6     42.000        90                  38                      RESIST       6           NO

MSD-6AL         44.000        97                  38                     RESIST        6           NO

MSD-6BTM       46.000      106                  42                     RESIST        6           NO

MSD-7AL2       46.000       106                140                    RESIST         6          NO

MSD-7AL3        53.000      160                140                    RESIST         6          NO

CMRAC    A       60.000       360               200                    DIRECT        4           YES

CMRAC    B       63.000      500                250                    DIRECT         4           YES

As I said I already sent all the info the they need and I'll have an answer this week.

As the header, I'll install it and probably dyno it before and after and see how easy it is and it's overall performance.

I'm not an expert but if I'm not wrong, 500 milijoules is something close to 500 volts?

This item will also be imported and I would like to know how many of you would be interested.

Regards,

Heron

I'd like a little more info then "Ign i found"..Company name, location, Experience, website, and soem info on other cars this IGN is running in...

not to bust your balls here Heron, but this post up here reads like a Scam...Not say'n you'd scam us, but it sure dose stink like one...please be a little more forward with your details, I'll hold out till them Details are posted here...

"Caveat emptor"

Thanks

Yellow_quest

• 3 weeks later...

Just did the test on the stock 87 ignition box; ignitor.

Here is what I've got at iddling and 12.5 volts.

duty cycle/recharging time  9.75 miliseconds

spark duration                     2.75 miliseconds (this is very small!!!!)

coil discharge                       28/30 K volts

The ignition is beeing prepared and it will probably be sent to me this week; it will take about 10 working days to receive it. After that I'll do the same test with this new box, including a dyno test.

Regards,

Heron

I was out of town for a week after I did the ignition test,above. I spoke with the guy and the new ignition is ready since last week and he will send it tomorrow, tuesday. It will take about 10 working days to get here.

The ignition is "tailored" for our cars, at least to the 87 that has the ignitor box.

What's in the "box"?

. ignition capable of 500 milijoules

. AIC, additional injector controller with 2 stages

. 1 (one) extra injector, capable of handling, alone, 160 hp.

. ignition retard up to 25 degrees

As per manufacturer, the "box" will act with the ignitor and our stock ECU without any modification. There will be 5 wires and there is no need of a tach adaptor.

As soon as I get it will take some pictures then as I said before, test it before and after using it.

Regards,

Heron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

;D

I've received the "box" with the injector last friday.

I'll try to install it tomorrow and see how the ignition part works out.

The suplier will send me the injector adaptor, injector clip that I requested today and the resistor that he forgot to send.

The box is about 7 inches long by 4 wide and 2 inches tall. It has 2 knobs on the sides and it will adjust the 1st and 2nd stages of the injector acordingly to the boost; box also has a vacuum line to connect to the intake manifold.

It will take a few more days to get the extra parts, but it will worth it since he has the injector adaptor ready for this injector and we will not need to "custom fit" anything in there.  I remember seeing someone selling this type of adaptor for $90.00 alone!

After everything is installed I have to call him to "tune" the car then I'll dyno it.

Regards,

Heron