New leather on front seats

radiation

or if you have a sewing machine, and some basic skills do it yourself.

remove the old covers VERY carefully, and use those as a pattern to cut and sew up new ones.

Unless you want them perfect, keep an eye on here or EBay for a nice set.  They can be had for a lot less than re-upholstering.  If you plan on keeping the car a long time, you may look into pre-88 style seats.  IMO, they are much more comfortable and have less wear problems.  

Jake

There, that's the right post   ::)

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know if any of the other mitsu models come close to our seats, i have an 87 with non leather seats and there are a bunch of new leather kits on ebay to recover with. the 3000gt may be close but they are not recaros. the 87 seats are really comfortable but i am not into 500-1000 for new.   most of the used seats look really used. and what the heck they are 15 yr old...

anyone tried leather kits from anything else?

first,a normal sewing machine will not sew the leather together.so i wouldnt advise trying it unless you want to throw your money away.

now,my dad and i are going back into the upholstery business this summer.if i can get enough interest from some of the guys here,we will do leather seats for the members at a discounted price.regardless,if anyone is interested in reupholsterying their seats,we will do it on a first come basis.ill keep everyone posted on it.

first,a normal sewing machine will not sew the leather together.so i wouldnt advise trying it unless you want to throw your money away.

now,my dad and i are going back into the upholstery business this summer.if i can get enough interest from some of the guys here,we will do leather seats for the members at a discounted price.regardless,if anyone is interested in reupholsterying their seats,we will do it on a first come basis.ill keep everyone posted on it.

Make some custom colors available, and I'm sure you can have some serious interest generated... I'd like some that are have the center sections of the seat in Blue Dyed leather, and the rest of the seat in the standard Black dyed leather.

Maybe even cut down the expenses of S&H, and just sell the covers, with some hog-rings, and instructions.

thats exactly what we are planning on doing.im gonna use my quests interior as the test mule.im gonna go with black with red inserts on mine.the seats will be available as leather or leatherette if you want to watch your cash.no shipping will be charged.if you want an interior,the cost is all you pay.any instructions you need,we can send or talk you thru it over the phone.

we are talking to someone now about being able to engrave the leather seats with anything you may want on them,such as TSI on the headrest.maybe conquest or starion.even turbo.ill keep everyone informed so you all will know when we are good to go.

and right now,we are looking at about $500 bucks for full interior.that is front and back.sound about right to you guys?

Count me in probably with blue inserts as i have a blue car. i will need to add some padding on the drivers side at the top, i can feel the shell through the cloth. my cloth seats are in great shape but leather would really add to it. any idea how much less the leatherette would run, some of that is impressive in quality and may hold up better. are the cloth seat frames identical to the leather?

jeff

the leatherette would be less expensive.and i would need a good pic to see if the cloth and leather are stitched the same.i would guess they arent as leather needs more stitching to hold together than cloth.my dad could answer it better than i.he will be the one doing all of the sewing.im gonna be doing the door panels and headliners.ill have a flame design in mine to show everyone.i know some may not like that,but it will be an example of what we will be doing.