Real Gull wing?

propeine

They make lift supports that will handle in excess of 100lbs each so I think we got the doors covered.  LOL  We use them on the Mustangs for both the hood and the rear hatch.  No problems.  Also a spring loaded mechanism could help the weight a little by using it's twisting force on it.  Prolly look into a kit car Lamborghini kit for the entire assembly.

Just a thought

• 3 weeks later...

there was a real gullwing starion.  5 made, 3 sold, all in japan.  I think a targa top would be cool also, but hell yeah gullwing.  If you look at the pic the bottom 1/4 of the door,  our doors, are still there.  I think they were made for a japanesse ninja cop tv show, i think the doors were powered so you could press a button and they came up by themselves.  Â 

http://www.starion-turbo.co.uk/gullwing.html

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone does this successfully, please, PLEASE let us brothas know.

omg. that would be SO cool

imagine.. sitting at the illegals with the doors open, with my girl in the passenger seat.......

mm..

• 2 weeks later...

$20 grand for a Japanese one?  nahhh, I'm sure there's some body guys out there that would LOVE a challenge like that, let alone a chunk of that change.   Scissor doors would be the best.  Gullwings could be a pain at the gas pump but still cool as hell.  Think Delorian.... ;D

I've got the 88 mph taken care of no prob.  Now about that flux capacitor.... :-*

Hey Im with you on scissor doors!!! as a matter of fact It wont cost nearly as much as you think and will be easy as hell. A friend of mine is getting them for his truck! $1800 for manual doors but he's getting electronically actuated ones that push out and then roll up. All from a push button remote!!!!! Hows $2400 sound?

Man the skylines here are so bad a**!!! Running 11's and 12's all day long then driving home and to work everyday. Half the guys here have brought them from Japan or just get all theyre parts there. I watched one do a 12.5 1/4 roasting all 4 wheels from start to finish and I dont think that s*** cought traction once! Now if I bring anything It would be the Japanese spec RX-7 here on base. But im not prepared to give up on miss starion!! what I could buy the skyline with I could put into my motor. Ill be sure to post my skyline eating videos!