Guest surferdude

Guest surferdude

Pics of my recently installed Tenzo-R seats:

http://www.mychevytruck.com/gallery/surferdude/82456.jpg

http://www.mychevytruck.com/gallery/surferdude/82455.jpg

http://www.mychevytruck.com/gallery/surferdude/82457.jpg

http://www.mychevytruck.com/gallery/surferdude/82454.jpg

Guest surferdude

I just realized I should have posted this in the body and interior mods forum.    ;D

Mod, please move if deemed necessary.  Thanks!  

Guest surferdude
Pieces of angle iron cut to size for the sliders (and still retained the factory rail studs).  I tried to get a pic of them, but there wasn't enough light out to get a good pic.  

Hey where'd you get em and how much they set you back? How much do they weigh? Just curious. They look nice but I would want them to be black where yours are blue and red where yours are black...

very nice, wish I could decide what to do with my interior.  Full stock restoration since it's tan and black, or something custom?  It's the hardest car choice I've ever made really.  not sure why

Guest surferdude
Hey where'd you get em and how much they set you back? How much do they weigh? Just curious. They look nice but I would want them to be black where yours are blue and red where yours are black...

SQF, I bought them from a local speed shop for about $254/seat.  I hemmed and hawed about what color I wanted - the blue ones or the black ones, but I really like the way the blue ones brighten up the interior and add that something special to it.

The sliders were $92 a piece and the 4 point-harnesses were $75 each.  A friend and fellow member of the board, installed them for me since we had a deal for parts and I needed his help (he installed red ones in his 87 TSi).   ;D

I'm not real sure on the weight, but they are considerably lighter than the stock 87 seats.

CHIP:     As nice as your TSi is, you might want to leave it alone....Tan leather is RARE...so you might want to keep them, but a set of black Tenzo's would look nice (and you can keep your stock seat studs in place so if you wanted to switch back, you could).   :)

surferdude, I may have to look those up once I get the go faster upgrades done.

Chip, you have the black and tan combo?  That is what I had and after two years going back and forth I sold it for a black 87 interior. I just couldn't get that combo to work for me. I wanted to make some interior changes and the tan always threw me off. IMO the tan interior looks good 100% stock but you can not accent anything. I went with the black interior and my red insert door panels and red shift boot (made it myself;) ) look oh so nice. Nothing dramatic just a splash of color. I also see aluminum cut out floor mats in my future. Once I get my garage set up. I think the polished aluminum on the floor will look nice and offer a bit of grip to the soles.

I wouldn't say you can't accent "anything."  You just have to be very careful to avoid gaudiness or just making it down right ugly.  I agree that aluminum accents are in and look very clean and very "not" rice.  kick panels, radio bezels, shift knobs and a few other pieces are in my plan.  I know what you mean about the black and tan.  When I first got the car I wanted it out in a hurry.  I wanted all black and it was an easy swap since the dash was already black.  But it just started to really really grow on me.  I think black and tan is sweet now.  I envision either something like this, which is a 350z with basically my absolute dream interior http://nissan.jbroadtests.com/Z/2003/Bilder/2003%20350Z%20Interior2.jpg or something completely different that I haven't been able to dream up yet.  It's alot of money for not alot of performance increase so it's hard to lay down that cash.  

Guest surferdude

OK, I need advise and some time to cool down.  I took my car in to have the front end checked out at a local shop.  They elect to balance all 4 of my tires vs. a front end alignment.  Now, my new seats are in there and I am like, "I sure hope the mechanic is careful and doesn't get any grease on my new seats".  

Well, the work is finished and I open the door to see a small speck on my drivers seat.  I tried to carefully remove, but to no avail, there is a very small spot on it now.  OK, I can accept that.

I get home and park it.  Then I need to go to the store and pick up some CD-R's for work and while backing my car into my parking space I see this HUGE smudge of GREASE on my passenger seat where the idiot mechanic put his arm while backing the car out the garage.  I AM SO MAD!!!   >:( >:( >:(

What do I do?  What good would it do to call the shop and complain?  I want a new seat.  

Is there anything which can be used to remove the grease without damaging or discoloring the cloth?  I am regretting putting the blue ones in there, black would have been much better.   >:(

Well, the work is finished and I open the door to see a small speck on my drivers seat.  I tried to carefully remove, but to no avail, there is a very small spot on it now.  OK, I can accept that.

I get home and park it.  Then I need to go to the store and pick up some CD-R's for work and while backing my car into my parking space I see this HUGE smudge of GREASE on my passenger seat where the idiot mechanic put his arm while backing the car out the garage.  I AM SO MAD!!!   >:( >:( >:(

What do I do?  What good would it do to call the shop and complain?  I want a new seat.  

Is there anything which can be used to remove the grease without damaging or discoloring the cloth?  I am regretting putting the blue ones in there, black would have been much better.   >:(

I would suggest you take it to them ASAP! It's always better sooner than later. Let them know you want something done to fix it. There are some good products out there is you want to DIY. Personally, I think you should show them the spots to make them aware of what is going on. Then I would take it to a professional dry upolst. clearner and demand the shop pays for the bill. If the dry cleaner messes up your set, then demand the shop pay for a new one.

That's just what I would do and it's only a suggestion. Maybe someone else here has a better idea or has delt with things like this before.

Shawn

I have red corbeau seats in mine and have had to clean spots off from other people, I used a product called spotshot and it work great ;D ;D

I would take it back as they are responsable for the damage :'(

Jerry

Guest surferdude
I have red corbeau seats in mine and have had to clean spots off from other people, I used a product called spotshot and it work great ;D ;D

I would take it back as they are responsable for the damage :'(

Jerry

Where did you find SpotShot?  

I would like to fix this problem, as there really isn't, IMO, anything they are going to do about that I will be satisfied with.  A $250 (my cost, they list for over $300) seat is not a laughing matter, but I doubt they will do anything but make it worse.  At least I won't be taking either of my vehicles back there for any kind of work.

I believe in the grocrey store but will ask the wife, the stain on my seat looked like tar ::) so it should get yours clean.

I'll e-mail later!

Might get a can of scotch guard and do the seats as it helps keep stuff from sticking ;D

Jerry,     Look here:      http://home.attbi.com/~starquest1/052502_meet/05-25-02-03.jpg    This an old pic!

Guest surferdude
I believe in the grocrey store but will ask the wife, the stain on my seat looked like tar ::) so it should get yours clean.

I'll e-mail later!

Might get a can of scotch guard and do the seats as it helps keep stuff from sticking ;D

Jerry,     Look here:      http://home.attbi.com/~starquest1/052502_meet/05-25-02-03.jpg    This an old pic!

Oh, I picked up some stuff at Advance Auto along with SCOTCHGUARD!  hee hee.  I am also going to check out the grocery store and see what they have.  I basically got nowhere with the shop today and will have to try again tomorrow with the manager.  Meanwhile, I am unsure whether to proceed with trying to clean it myself or wait.  Waiting seems like the wise thing to do.  

Thanks for the tips, bro, I appreciate it.

Derek

Old Pic, But I havn't had time to remove the drive and rail ,I just unpluged it hehehe!

I have 3" belts in it now and I need to make a cover for the center  to cover the release switches! ;D

Thats just bs, man the manager needs to step up. Thats all I can say, I've stood there and yelled at the pep boys service department before because I was pist at things they did.

It works if you tell them you will take it all the way to the top starting inside with the

store/shop manager/owner.

I wouldnt start out yelling though ;) just resort to it if they give you the "wha?" attitude >:(

Guest surferdude
Well, I was only able to talk to the shop manager on the phone since I am on the road for work.  Basically, he apologized for the oversight and offered to reimburse me for any cost to have the stain removed either by a detailing shop or doing it myself with a cleaner of my choice.  At least he didn't deny it, but he did whatever he could to get me off of the phone.  I'm going to try a cleaner I purchased and see if I have any success.