Nothing Connected to Thermosensor/Coolant Temp. Sensor 1&2

Gh4st

Hey Guys, so I've ben troubleshooting an issue with my starion. It runs for 20 mins, gets up to operating temps, dies due to no spark. I assume its due to the fact that there is no wiring connected to these two sensors. I'm not great when it comes to electrical diagrams or anything so I was hoping to find some help when it comes to, what I should do to hook these back up.

What year? Any pictures of these sensors and wiring? It’s common for igniters and even coils to have electrical issues when the heat up. You could test it with a heat gun and see if you get now spark on a cold engine. 

The thermosensor isn't going to affect much, but the coolant temp sensor in a G54B is critical to determining open and closed loop and will affect the running of the engine - but not spark. I'd look into the coil or ignitor like BKB94 suggested. As far as the wiring goes without a pic it's tough to see what you going on, but you should have a wiring harness branch running along the intake manifold with 3 connectors on it for the CTS, sender, and the AC switch, all of them right at the water neck. Look for wires in that area that are yellow with either blue or green stripes on them - if I'm remembering right.

15 hours ago, BKB94 said:

What year? Any pictures of these sensors and wiring? It’s common for igniters and even coils to have electrical issues when the heat up. You could test it with a heat gun and see if you get now spark on a cold engine. 

87” Picked this car up at the beginning of march, pretty much a barn find when it comes to how long it had been sitting. Wiring is a little bit of a rats nest from previous owner. I get a slow crank like it wants to bite but then speeds up. 100% sure it’s spark, spark plugs are wet, injectors clicking, and good fuel pressure.

Heres a drive with pics of the points of interest. I don’t see that hub over by the intake like there’s supposed to be. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-DmDdjCOBzPOBzVbWUM8a7KZDHBe4LMN

Appreciate the help a lot, wanna get this girl back on the road, wether she likes it or not 😂

I'd start with basic tune up stuff - replace the rotor, cap, coil and plugs and see what happens, esp since you say have good fuel pressure.  You can order most of that cheap right from Rockauto.  The pics you have posted don't show the wiring at the CTS.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, appreciate all the help I’ll start with those, i’ve replaced all the fusible links. and put fresh fluids in. i’m kind of a noob but i’m sure i’ll end up figuring it out eventually.

Edited by Gh4st