painting the interior metal of the car??

vanillagorilla

My interior is out. The dash isnt yet but will be shortly. Im wondering if i should paint the interior metal of the car. The exterior will eventually be painted. Maybe in the next few years. The purpose of my car is to drive and enjoy. No show car. I will probably be putting some sound deadening material inside before the interior goes back in. Is there any reason i should paint the interior metal?

I had some surface rust on my floor pans so after getting that taken care of I painted it with some rustolium.

anywhere the paint was flaking I painted.

Yep. was leftover from an install. Not the cheap stuff though. Had some crazy long warranty.

Always spend the money on padding (if you are staying there)

Not sure of the namebrand. I'd stop in a local carpet store and see if they have any padding remnants. They will usually let remnants go pretty cheap.

Used the original carpet . Just cleaned the heck out of it.

as far as the sound deadener. I work for an airline and some of our stuff expires. gets thrown out or taken home. a lot of the deadener was little scraps I pieced together. we used it under certain floor boards in the aircraft for sound dampening and for heat.

and the thanks was ok with me.