Radiator/fan/alt ?'s

vbrad511

So finally, after having most of this stuff for months, I've got some time to work on the Quest today. With a little luck I'll be ready for the sr13 radiator and fan install, but I need a little guidance.

First off, what hoses, upper and lower, work for this? I was able to find a part number for the lower (but have lost it now).

Second, I'll be using the aftermarket fans that came with it. Looks like factory fans are 2 wire, these are 3 wire. Which do I hook up to make them run correctly?

Third, I've also got a GM alternator ready to go. Aside from the larger charge wire the plug on this has 4 wires, whereas the SQ harness only has 2. How do I convert this?

Thanks all....

upper radiator hose i used was a stock one just had to cut it to the proper length.

lower is

http://www.starquest...howtopic=117366

my radiator fan shroud was a 2 wire fan setup

dual fans.

sorry but alt you are on your own.....

i used the 100 amp Ebay one every one else uses direct bolt on

http://www.ebay.com/...D-/121324436893

hope this helps.

It's the CS130 GM that was the SQ upgrade before folks found the Hyundai unit. They sell an adapter to change from the older style GM plug to this newer plug. It won't get me any farther than where I already am, but I'm doing a bit of reading on other forums about swapping this unit into older GM's for more amperage.

I did the same radiator upgrade, I ran 15 degrees hotter. Come to find out my fusible link box needed a cleaning and I bought new fusible links, now stays at 180 instead 195. I have both fans running at 180 so it drawed more voltage and you can get more voltage to it once resistance is gone. While I was at I changed the thermostat and drilled a 1/8 hole in the thermostat for added peace of mind. Edited by TSIREX