Auto in manual

Skullzaflare

So putting a stock auto insurance manual car, what all would be needed?

I currently have the trans, shifter and linkage, crossmember, driveshaft

Ignoring the trans cooler and making the tunnel bigger

What else would be needed to put it in my car?

Never heard of a stock auto insurance manual car. :P

You will need the flex plate and stiffening rings. You will also need the bushing that fits in the crank to support the torque converter. May be a few wiring issues too.

Never heard of a stock auto insurance manual car. :P

You will need the flex plate and stiffening rings. You will also need the bushing that fits in the crank to support the torque converter. May be a few wiring issues too.

Well i still need the torque and flex plate, so hopefully who on get that from has all those pieces

Any idea on the wiring? Is there a computer for it? The vacuum port, that's what controls when it shifts right? Planning to plumb it straight to the vacuum pump

The neutral safety switch is on the side of the trans. You'll need it for your brake lights, but your stick car won't be wired for the "safety" feature itself.

my brake lights? lol, they work with no trans in the car

The vacuum line helps the trans decide when to shift. The higher the vacuum the lower the rpm it will shift when cruising.

As far as I know there isn't a computer but I haven't looked into it much. You will need to wire in the reverse lights and there is an OD solenoid. I'm assuming it's electric. Sorry I can't help more without diving into the FSM. Most of my SQ experience is with manual trans cars.

Brake pedal and speedo cable is longer as well. Why not find a nice auto car to start with? Maybe easier and can make money from the red one and whats left of the fiji

I maybe be able to find out if my rust free banana auto is still around.

Edited by starquestJOE

Brake pedal and speedo cable is longer as well. Why not find a nice auto car to start with? Maybe easier and can make money from the red one and whats left of the fiji

I maybe be able to find out if my rust free banana auto is still around.

I don't have the red one any more, blue stuff would all be transferred if i got a auto roller

If i had the money I would, i dont make squat, can't afford to buy a roller lol

if your low on funds, doing this 5 spd to auto trans swap isn't a good idea

I've done many engine /trans swaps in my life but I'd think twice about it doing my self

( I did that swap one time in a pick up , not an easy one )

most that try'd this ended up junking the car

if your low on funds, doing this 5 spd to auto trans swap isn't a good idea

I've done many engine /trans swaps in my life but I'd think twice about it doing my self

( I did that swap one time in a pick up , not an easy one )

most that try'd this ended up junking the car

Being a daily driver, and my only car not counting bike. Scrap not a option

All the bearings in the 5 speed are failing

I need lower rpm, redline is 4200, i dont go over 3500, don't like 3000 on interstate