non fel-pro gasket kit!?

rabman369

ok so im having a little trouble here. every time i search anything about gasket sets all i can find is recommendations for fel pro and i have found myself in need some direct assistance on the subject

i have here a DNJ FGS1017 full gasket kit that was given to me when i bought the car.

my first issue is that on the DNJ engine components inc website i find two different applicable gasket kits, one labeled FGS1001, and one labeled FGS1017. for the comments on the parts the 1001 kit has (to 2/87) and the 1017 has (from 3/87). i searched on here and found a thread that asked the same question that i am about to because there was no answer. so what is the difference in the "to2/87" and the "from3/87" ? what does it all mean and how do i know which one i "should" have

my next question is, does anybody know anything about DNJ or if the gasket kits they make are at all usable for our cars or any cars for that matter? are they any good whatsoever? or am i asking for trouble using it

i know that the fel pro gasket kits are the best way to go but im just looking for some insight on these specific DNJ ones. has anyone even heard of these?

the website is www.enginecomponents.com pick e-catalog and if you just enter -1987 - chrysler - conquest - gaskets and sealing systems - the list will come up and you should be able to see what im talking about

Edited by rabman369

If Dad (Randy) sells it on his site I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I picked up a DNJ kit, I think the -17, for my full engine rebuild and they use a fel-pro head gasket in the kit anyway. The rest of it (mostly) is just paper gasket anyway, no real mystery there.

Run it.

I prefer the fel pro kits mainly because I have used them on our own cars and I know what is and is not included in the kit. I have seen so many times people ask me for misc seals and gaskets that weren't in their kit such as crush washers for piston nozzles or o/rings for oil filter housing etc. Other than that most kits are decent, head gasket would be the main difference

Dad

• Like 1

ok awesome. do you happen to know what the 2/87 3/87 stuff is all about? because from my understanding they look a little different from one another on their website