Problem with ACT 2900 install

So after installation of the ACT 2900 im having a problem...

The clutch will not disengage. I have good pedal feel and with car not running it will go into all gears. Bled clutch. Drained all old fluid and refilled with new. Still will not go into gear. Everything with clutch and flywheel install was torqued to spec.

Back in to day with dsm's and a 2900 we had to make a longer slave rod to make it work......

Have you replaced the rubber bushing in the clutch pedal adjuster with washers? Have you fixed any slop in the clutch pedal pin? Those two issues reduce travel. They could be reducing enough travel to prevent the clutch from dis-engaging.

Pull out the rubber boot from around the clutch fork and have someone mash the clutch pedal while you peek inside the bell housing.

It could be something is up with the pivot or a broken finger on the fork.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

If you have too much free play in the clutch fork then you would need to shim the pivot ball with a washer. I didn't find a spec for that in the FSM other than they say the throwout bearing is a constant contact type. So I would guess it should have very little play if any. But first I would get under the car and have someone push the clutch pedal to verify the slave is moving correctly. If not it could be trapped air or a bad clutch master. I know these clutches are a pain to bleed so it's easy to get air trapped.

I'm pretty sure you know about this and probably did it right. But I'm compelled to ask the stupid question. Was the clutch disk installed the correct direction?

I would say yes its in the right way. I dont think this disk would fit in backwards. When and friend and I bled the clutch I asked if it was moving and he said yes. But I didnt tell him to look into the bell. Ill try again after work tomorrow.

I do know the clutch fork tab is broken and has bein for at least 5yrs. And I did put one washer under the pivot ball one of the times I had the tranny out.

I would say yes its in the right way. I dont think this disk would fit in backwards. When and friend and I bled the clutch I asked if it was moving and he said yes. But I didnt tell him to look into the bell. Ill try again after work tomorrow.

I do know the clutch fork tab is broken and has bein for at least 5yrs. And I did put one washer under the pivot ball one of the times I had the tranny out.

if the clip is broken, its possible it popped off the pivot during install or first pedal push

my experience with ACT, if its heavy duty and your master cylinder is old, it presses the fluid right back through, if not that you need to adjust the rod under the dash. the bushing as mentioned above can be collapsing, tilting the rod, have had that before too

i have seen a washer or spacer put under the Fulcrum or (shift fork pivot Ball) to help with this on other cars.

have you had anyone keep an eye on the slave cylinder while pressing and releasing the clutch to see if it even is moving properly?

or if it's travel is the proper distance?

So I went to work on the car after work. I had my wife sit in the car and cycle the pedal. Slave rod is moving as it should and throw out bearing is depressing the fingers on the pressure plate. I guess my next step is too remove the tranny

Is it the factory flywheel? When I took my old Daiken clutch out it was rubbing a circle into the flywheel.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u467/tsi_tom/The%20Missouri%20Project/Flywheel/newridgeinflywheel_zpsfb0ee598.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u467/tsi_tom/The%20Missouri%20Project/Flywheel/Rubbingrivetsonclutch_zps4367164e.jpg

Professor Quest has some info on clutches. I'll take a look.

Ill pull the trans sunday.

I think the problem starts with when I put it in. It was the middle of the winter and using a torpedo heater cuasing condensation. Im thinking the pressure plate, disk, and flywheel are rusted together. I didnt install the tranny til 2 months after the clutch.

The set up-

Fidanza flywheel

FP fidanza install kit

Act 2900 extreme 4 puck un-sprung

Could have been on different software, you said you hit wrong key, was user error not software. However I will agree it sucks lol

I hit the back space key and it backed me right out of the thread. This has happened before, and i do not know any way to undo it. I was even using chrome. As is is very difficult to post with ie. i Just hit every key around the back space key and the back space key numerous timed and i can't get it to do it.

I hit the back space key and it backed me right out of the thread. This has happened before, and i do not know any way to undo it. I was even using chrome. As is is very difficult to post with ie. i Just hit every key around the back space key and the back space key numerous timed and i can't get it to do it.

If you click on anything else other than the dialog box you are typing in then the backspace key converts to the browser back button. Chrome, IE, firefox all do the same thing. If you don't see the cursor flashing then don't use backspace.

disable your touchpad while typing, doesnt matter the browser or software of the site, backspace is always back if you are not in a text field

Ok thanks guys. I use a laptop with a mouse. My arm tends to bump the mouse when i type. Now that i know why it happens i can take steps to correct the problem.

What is a quick and easy way to turn the mouse or touch pad on and off?