my poor 87 conquest and I need help

I am in need of some guidance here lol. As of now my car is completely disassembled. I kind of got stiffed on it but here's the story. I got this car and only had it for about three days. Drove it a couple times for short periods around the block and never even took it over 5000rpm. The last time I drove it the oil pressure seemed to have reduced but it didn't seem catastrophic. The car was parked for a few days and I decided to install the new lifters that were given to me with the car so after I did that and put it all back together with a fresh oil change of 10/40 there was no oil pressure at all. I started investigating trying to troubleshoot the cause and not having much luck. Finally we said screw it and removed the oil filter and cranked it to find 0 oil coming from the oil filter housing.

Pulled the oil pan to check a main and rod bearing. Both looked terrible. Pulled the entire engine and disassembled it to find the thrust bearing completely grinded. There was like .065 of end play in the crank from how much material was ground from both the tbearing and the crank itself. What could have caused all of this?

The kid that had the car before me said he put a clutch in it and I found a new clutch on disassembly of it. Is there a way you could improperly install a clutch and or throwout bearing as to cause a constant pressure against the crank in such a manner that it causes that sort of fatigue on the thrust bearing? In my head I imagine doing something like clutching it and "reving" the engine would eccentuate the effect I'm talking about?

He also said he believes he was running 5/30 in the poor thing so with that on top I'm just picturing this kid Rollin around with old thin oil revvin the car up with the clutch in putting all that pressure on the crank with no lubricant against the bearing

too thin and oil and a really stiff pressure plate probably arn't a good combination. 2.6s usually don't have thrust bearing problems.

The auto bushing is shown here. Its just metal ring fit to the center of the crankshaft.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_1144/gallery_2764_1144_71689.jpg

How do I check if someone is OK to buy from? I'm looking into buying a crank and oil pump for my car from "MarkHansenconquest" for $175 and I just want to make sure its all kosher