Has anyone used this Adjustable Thermosensor ?

C300

Has anyone used this Product ? Tech From Summit Racing recommended it.

Derale Cooling Products 16749 - Derale Performance Deluxe Adjustable Controllers with Pipe Threaded Probes

Has Sending Unit Thread Size:

3/8-18 NPT I'm sure that's a bung change on the Radiator. Seeing the post for the $120 E-bay Aluminum Radiator I'm thinking of ordering Both. 2 Adj. sensors. one for each fan. and a Rad. at that price, why not. Are there 2 3/8-18 bungs on that Rad. ? Tired of the sensor issue. had 4 go bad under 2 year warranty on a "87 back in the day. Still having same problem. run hot, crack head. all for a crap sensor, Can't/won't drive car until i fix this issue, C300

Can' UN-Bold the type !!!

ive got the kind that advaced auto parts use to carry on all four of my cars its a red box with a un marked dail switch and it has a solid wire going to a probe you stab into you radiator you just twist the switch until your fans come on at desired tempurture and bam never over heats again. on my g54bs they both have 180' thermostats with a pencil sized hole. the stock gauge always stays just above a quarter up or 160-180 even in my 2jz cars but they have alot of work done to acomodate larger fans. i also run aluminum frendly coolant with a wetting agent an a 70 water 30 coolant mix i have found starion cooling systems any turbo cars for that matter to be sensitive to these small details most over look. ive also ran the fans on my 89 2jz car on a seperate circut with a relay and noticed a signifacent increase in fan rpm doing that alone lowered it 10 deg. it was at 240 all the time when i got the swap toghter it now rides at 180-190 Edited by twojayzeestarion

Why use unreliable, expensive sensors & relays.. :rolleyes:

Just install a shroud and fan from a non-intercooler starion/conquest. I revised my TSi 3 years ago, and have had no issues, typical average running temperature in slow SoCal LA traffic and 95 degrees outside is 175 degrees (F).

Just my $0.02... B)

Why use unreliable, expensive sensors & relays.. :rolleyes:

Just install a shroud and fan from a non-intercooler starion/conquest. I revised my TSi 3 years ago, and have had no issues, typical average running temperature in slow SoCal LA traffic and 95 degrees outside is 175 degrees (F).

Just my $0.02... B)

Hope this doesn't spark the debate which is better

I rewired my stock fans and It runs as cool as I want it too. I can make it run so cool it never gets out of warm up mode.

The debate has been gone over and over for years.

Thanks for the input ! Just what I was looking for. Read in the reviews that a guy stuck the fuse on the ground side, had no more blown fuses. made me laugh. Wire harness is like new. sat in barn for 15-18 years. thinking wire gauge isn't adequate. Guess when the MPI engine goes in I'll redo that wiring at the same time.