TSQ 2015?

NikoFab

Hey Gang,

As most of you know, we held a national meet here in Texas (TSQ 2014, check out the pics and video here: http://www.starquest...3&hl= tsq 2014) last Fall that turned out great and went very well. After it was over, I told most everybody there was no way in heck I was doing another national for a while...there's a lot of work that goes into getting the corporate, local, and member-vendor sponsors, as well as hotel discounts, track time, etc. However, I've been asked by several members to put together another meet this year...especially since Mesquite is now off the board.

So with that being said, Joe (4CylFury) has convinced me to put on another TSQ this year...which would be the third year for it. October worked well for us last year, so that's what I'm keying on this year. Being as how it's already almost April, I wouldn't be able to pull off what we did last year in the way of contributions, donations, and the like. But I think we could have one heck of a good meet. I'd like to get us a cheaper hotel (don't get me wrong...the resort was nice...but now that I've put on a national I realize that accommodations aren't as key as I previously thought). I'll be looking to get us a discount room rate at a mid-tier hotel...the money that we all save could then be put toward whatever other things we decide to do.

Also, registration will be much less this year...probably in the neighborhood of $15...which will effectively take care of the event t-shirts.

Tell me what you think gang. If there's enough interest, I'll move forward.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

Dont think i can make it. new job this year working afternoons and monday/tuesday off kind of sucks. and Big arse trailer sold. i dont think i can do my own meet this year..... i have been doing mine for i think 5 years...... kinda bummed.

if you build it, they will come.

nationals pfttt... how about a TX meet, it's not like there will be more than 20 quests' anyway -_- not trying to sound - but look at " our " past.

with that said, it gives paulie a reignited flame for his " quest " of best of show, and john a chance to pull out his " secret weapon " :lol:

i say go for it, i'm sure the vendors will contribute, and people will sign up/attend. i'm always up for a quest gathering :D drag racing is a must, and a tour in Phil's car ( not shizzle faced drunk :wacko: ) would be cool too, i'm sure every TX dood will show so there's your 20 quests'. a place with good parking/hanging out space would rock, closer to the track maybe ? a raffle, car show, drag night and Jim Beam Honey is about we really need ;)

oh, and that cool burger joint :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well a bomb dropped today...Just found out that my company is opening a new restaurant this summer and I'm going to be swamped...literally swamped for the first six months. It's going to be very difficult for me to spearhead a meet this year guys, especially if we're talking about doing it in Dallas. Also, with all the work I put into the national last year, a lot of personal and family things got put on the back-burner, including my Starion. I can't do that again this year...at least not as the primary organizer.

I'd be glad to help out putting together a Texas meet, be it in Dallas or elsewhere, but I'm just not going to be in a place where I'll be able to devote extended time to it. There's a lot of Texas guys on the board that I think could spearhead this thing. If anyone is interested in being the quarterback on this, I can certainly help.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab