Finally got a Starion!

88starchris

So, I'm Chris and I live in North Carolina. Between the age of 13 and 17 my grand mother had a mint 87 Conquest. When I turned 16 I begged her and begged her to sell it to me. She said it wasn't an appropriate first car and ended up selling it to someone else. Ever since then the Starquests have been one of my favorite cars and I have always wanted on of my own.

I found my 1988 ESI-R on craigslist for $2,800, talked the owner down to $2,200 on account of the drive shaft, radiator, and tail lights being no count. I've had it for about a week now and have fixed just about everything except for the lights, left turn signal not blinking, slow wipers, and minor paint defects.

So anyway, it's completely stock, has 140K miles, and looks/runs great after some minor repairs. I plan to keep it close to stock with the addition of some needed upgrades.

I joined this community because to me, this isn't just another car. This is one of my dream cars I never thought I would find in good shape for a price I could afford. So here I am so I can get the right advice for the right people and hopefully make some friends too!

Here is my 88 Starion. I'm planning on taking more pictures when it warms up and I get a little more work done to it.

unnamed.jpg

UPDATE! While I try to save money to buy new tail lights I had a little fun with my old, cracked, rusted, and beaten ones as well as did a carbon fiber wrap on my hood until I can afford paint-less dent repair. Here's what it's looking like now!

11036073_885549101465184_1050979435062039406_n.jpg?oh=ef816f973cb621a284e8a934481f4e3e&oe=5595FE31&__gda__=1434020792_52c33bcf9cd379d4a215ad82dc33a988

Edited by 88starchris

the bearing in the wiper motor gets cogged up with old grease and needs a good cleaning and re-grease.

take your time and ask questions.

The best thing to do is make it run perfect before modifying anything. take your time and do it right.

Wiper CAM repair link:

http://www.starquest...howtopic=140932

Welcome aboard! Very nice looking. Lots to read on here and a great bunch of guys who can answer most all questions. BUT... learn to use the search on here. Most every problem has been addressed on here somewhere.