Anyone ever vacation at Yellowstone National Park?

tsi_tom

Ive been there a couple times. Both were day trips through the park. I next time am going to spend a few days in a rv up there. There is so much to see and do. If you can find a back country adventure do it, the main roads only hit the major touristy stuff and miss most of the parks beauty.

As for places to stay, i have never stayed inside the park but either in Cody or Jacksons Hole.

The Tetons are awesome to see on either your way in or out also.

The family did a trip there about ten years ago when the kids were 7 and 9, we stayed in the Old Faithful Inn right there at the geyser. We had a great time, went on lots of hikes and saw a lot of features, animals and all that. I think we had to make the reservations a year in advance. We've all talked about going back some day and doing some overnight hikes now that the kids are grown. We flew in and out of Jackson Hole. It was really cool to hear the geyser going off at regular intervals during the night and of course watching it during the day. A week with no TV, news or video games did everyone a lot of good. Edited by scott87star

I just did a trip there this summer. Just kind of hit the touristy areas wish I had a whole week just at the park but it takes a few days to get out there for me. The Tetons are beautiful as well on the south entrance. And depending on which way you come in and out I went through beartooth highway on the way out. It was awesome way high up and tons of switchbacks wish I had the quest at that point of the trip.