Prices are up

bodhi

we all would like to get an actual value of what are cars are worth.....but most people settle for half their asking price.

Everyone wants a $500 starquest.....then put $10,000 into it.

No one wants a $5,000 starquest worth 10,000

Thats why so many of these have been parted out....No one wants to buy the complete car, just pieces of it.....and eventually seller will get their asking price.

$40 at a time......lol

I'm cool with being one of the only people with one of these cars If need be.......so part away I guess :unsure:

But, seriously I hope the sellers get their asking price.

There has been a lot of very nice starquest's come out of the woodwork.

And I hope the value will increase for us all.

They aren't selling for the kind of money people are advertising them for. Freebird is right, most buyers are still of the mindset that they aren't worth much and expect to pick one up cheap.

I listed mine pretty conservatively and fought to get below asking price. I like to think it was a very nice example too. Not to mention I had more $$ in receipts, not including the cost of the car, than I was asking.

got links?

Just looking at the links on here that Niko has posted from eBay and CL around the country. My thinking goes along with some above posts, my car is an 86 Quest 26k miles and real clean, some mods but easily put back to stock. I would have to get 8k out of it for what I have into it. But I would kick myself for selling it so I sits in the garage and I use it when the weather is nice.

hobby cars should never be used as banked money like a gold ring or diamond

it's real value can't be tag'd like other cars as to value,,

there will come a day when $20 will be cheap to get one in nice condition but that's not here yet