NikoFab D2 Coilover Group Buy III - GP Closed

NikoFab

Anyway the important part of this gang, is you notice that there are only 19 sets coming to the US on this run, with no telling when/if another run is coming. I've actually got non-members calling me about these. There's a guy driving in from Shreveport tomorrow to physically hand me his money...he's tried to buy these off two different Ebay vendors and got the not-in-stock excuse. When he called the national importer, they actually referred him to me...which was pretty cool of them to do. Anyway, I just want to re-assure you guys that these are coming in.

Oh man I cant believe it i put one of my locals on the job of finding me coil overs just for s**** and giggles and guess what not only did he find me some but he found 6 sets whoat!! whoat!! i got a set on the way omg i am pumped I said are you guys sure I had them text me a pick of the stack of struts they had. lol I ended up paying 1259 to have them 3 day shipped

Oh man I cant believe it i put one of my locals on the job of finding me coil overs just for s**** and giggles and guess what not only did he find me some but he found 6 sets whoat!! whoat!! i got a set on the way omg i am pumped I said are you guys sure I had them text me a pick of the stack of struts they had. lol I ended up paying 1259 to have them 3 day shipped

I'm glad that you found some coilovers for your car, but please don't mess with people's time in the future.

First, of all this is a D2 group buy thread. The coilovers you found are K-Sport. If you'd like to post this information for other member's benefit, please start your own thread about it...don't dirty up somebody else's thread. And when I returned your phone call and asked that you please start your own thread for K-sport, I get "Go f**k yourself?" Really man?

Second, it's considered bad business when you keep jacking with people's time. You requested a paypal invoice on February 11th, only to cancel it when you thought you could buy some off of Ebay or some other source. Then you found out you couldn't (like I informed you), and asked me to send you another invoice on the 12th, which you also never paid.

Third, you contact me again via email on the 17th...which reads as follows:

Dionell Berger <bigmandsm@xxx.com>

Feb 17 (2 days ago)

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Hey I just wanted say sorry for delay. I hope I don't miss the dead line. Anyways I jumped the gun and ordered from someone else that they are now saying on back order I filed a dispute but cant guarantee time so for now i gotta opt out I am so sorry!

To which I replied that yes...once again...I can still get you in the group buy.

Your subsequent reply was...

Dionell Berger

Feb 18 (1 day ago)

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

As soon as I get refunded I send the money to you

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Android device

And then there was this morning...your email...

Dionell Berger

11:47 AM (3 hours ago)

to me

cleardot.gif

hey i am ready for you got the cash back sooner than i thought Is it too late for the group buy ( i hope not ) anyway i have the full payment.

Tried to give you a buzz but no answer 860-719-XXXX Thankyou

Then, not even an hour later, you're posting the above post on my group buy thread, and once again cancelling a requested order from me. Not the best way to treat people or conduct business in my opinion. I don't care where or with who you spend your money...after all it's your money. But please refrain from completely wasting my time in the future. And then when I ask you to please refrain from posting other products on my group buy thread, you respond with "I don't think I like what you said, so you can go f**k yourself"...well, that pretty much speaks for itself.

Edited by NikoFab

I'd like to have mine air mailed and will pay the extra $

Notice that the importer stated that they don't yet have a date when they'd be ready to be air mailed. I'd say hold off on making that decision until we have better information. I'd hate for you to spend an extra $120 just to save a few days...if it's a few weeks then I'd say go for it.

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently its been resolved, but will take who knows how long to deal with the shipment backlog.

http://www.usatoday....perez/23744299/

I found out from a friend of mine who's wife works for the port authority, that there were 502 vessels put in a holding pattern during this strike, 52 of which are heavy cargo (like ours will be). They have started to process them through, but are estimating it could take four to six weeks just to get those processed, to say nothing of the shipments (like ours) that will fall in line behind them...it creates a massive ripple effect in the shipping industry. For instance, if they haven't processed all of those original 502 by the time our shipment is ready to leave Taiwan, our shipment simply won't leave until they do. It costs tens of thousands of dollars per day to keep those ships in limbo out there, so they'll opt to lose less money by keeping them in the departure port until the bottle-neck is cleared. Keep our collective fingers crossed.

Edited by NikoFab

Yeah, at this point I'll probably just opt to air mail them. As much as I hate to drop more money I actually do need these as soon as I can get them, which makes me happy that the (distributer?) is at least giving us another option. This is just a whole lot of bad timing.

Yeah, at this point I'll probably just opt to air mail them. As much as I hate to drop more money I actually do need these as soon as I can get them, which makes me happy that the (distributer?) is at least giving us another option. This is just a whole lot of bad timing.

Ok cool. If you'd like to pursue this option, here is the email I received from the importer today. Just let me know how/if you'd like to proceed. It actually costs a little over $300 to air ship to the US...the importer I deal with is covering the majority of that cost to help us out...see below.

"Pertaining to the email that informed you of the $120 airmail charge/express shipping the coilovers, I just found out they will be ready to ship direct from the factory to the customer on 3/16. Once we inform the factory the ship to address, it will take ~10-14 days to arrive at their door."

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

Hi All

First off I wanted to thank the community for your great support of this product since our release a few years ago. Unfortunately since it isn't a widespread/common international chassis it has been a battle to get the factory to keep it in production. Also I want to thank NikoFab for consistently helping support this product over the years and being a strong force in keeping it alive. Recently we have been hit with a perfect storm of issues on getting production on this latest batch wrapped up. While we have been pushing the factory on this item it seems production kept getting pushed, now the rest of the sets are complete with the exception of the front top mounts, as Nick stated earlier these should be completed and everything should be assembled by the 16th. Second the factory (and all factories in Asia) are just getting back from the Chinese New Year Holiday where they take 2-4 weeks off (must be nice!!). This is always a huge issue for us as an importer because when they are taking a holiday is right when our busy season is ramping up and we need them to be working overtime. Last but not least ports on the west coast have been experiencing huge delays so even what we do have finished/finishing is taking much longer than expected to get here. Due to labor unrest the last few months some estimates say the impact during the worst of the disputes cost the US economy over $1 billon/day. While this has had a huge impact on our supply chain and caused a lot of stress for our customers we consider ourselves fortunate that we are not in an industry that involves perishable or seasonal goods, many produce exporters have been crushed by these issues and forced into bankruptcy. While there is a temporary patch on the situation as of a couple weeks ago it is still going to be months before things have any chance of being back to normal.

To help soften the blow we are offering an air mail option below our cost as Nick mentioned before, if any of you want to take advantage of this please contact Nick for details. Other than that we will keep Nick in the loop on any developments and push as much as we can to get things here in as timely of a manner as possible. Thanks again for your continued support and patience.

Michael

General Manager

D2 Racing NA

• Like 1

Ok cool. If you'd like to pursue this option, here is the email I received from the importer today. Just let me know how/if you'd like to proceed. It actually costs a little over $300 to air ship to the US...the importer I deal with is covering the majority of that cost to help us out...see below.

"Pertaining to the email that informed you of the $120 airmail charge/express shipping the coilovers, I just found out they will be ready to ship direct from the factory to the customer on 3/16. Once we inform the factory the ship to address, it will take ~10-14 days to arrive at their door."

Cheers,

Nick

Yeah, i'd like to proceed as soon as I get the funds. I feel like at this rate I definitely wont get them til the end of April or later with all the shipping backlog. Edited by Tenga

Yeah, i'd like to proceed as soon as I get the funds. I feel like at this rate I definitely wont get them til the end of April or later with all the shipping backlog.

My apologies on the wait...we've been pushing as hard as we can.

It's alright, I know its out of your power man. I'm just impatient at this point so I'll just take the blow and spend the extra money cause I really want these on my car haha.

• 2 weeks later...

NikoFab

you have been open and honest from the beginning.

no reason to be sorry for something you have no control over.

i want to say you have been prompt with information and always delivered

good quality products and on time when with in your abilities.

when i got my D2's you sent the tracking number and they arrived

at my door in less than 24 hours. yes that was a previous Group Buy but

you are a man of your word.

keep up the good work!

Thank you for making this possible.