Forgotten metal...

vbrad511

When i was younger (teens and 20's) there was a local store/bar called Davis and Turley's not too far from home. The guy had a small bar in the front of the building with no tables, just a few stools. He also had a little bit of everything known to man. Plumbing supplies, electrical stuff, oddball misc junk, whatever. He also had car parts. Mostly either universal stuff, or chrome goodies for small block chevys and fords. I bought several set of mufflers from him over the years. He was old-school....meaning cash ONLY. He didn't take credit cards or checks, guess he didn't like keeping the paperwork, or dealing with banks. Back in 2003 I'd been out of state for work, and when I got back my mom told me the old man had died, and they found some "other stuff" in his building. Turns out that his building had a functional upstairs, and a large cargo elevator. The story says that when his family went up to start clearing out the boxes and junk they uncovered a car. Dug a little more and uncovered another one. Then a motorcycle, then more and more goodies. He also had property elsewhere that they cleaned out, and they ended up putting it all up for auction. I took a walk through the auction site before they sold it. This was some of the coolest history I've ever laid eyes on. Here's a link to Gaule Auctions, the folks who took care of it all...

http://www.lukeleegaule.com/auc-10-18-2003.htm