Safely removing crank pulley

station

Is there an easy way of doing this easily and safely? I don't want to pull off the outer crank pulley and don't want to jump the belt (or turn it anti clockwise).

Iv'e done it a few times on other cars, jammed the starter motor, etc it's always been a bugger.

Get an air impact gun. I use a 1/2 inch with a pancake compressor.

Man I remember those days. Trying to use air tools with a 2hp twin tank compressor. It sucked. Never knew how powerful air tools could be until I got my big air compressor. Kinda like a dremel tool vs an angle grinder.

The fastest and easiest way to remove the crankshaft bolt without removing the radiator is by removing the metal air deflector which is around the front and sides of the engine. Set the car's front tires on the ground. Place your trusty socket and at least 15" long breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt. Push down clockwise as your facing the front of the engine 'til the breaker bar end is resting on the ground. Make sure the tranny is in neutral and the fuel injector clips are disconnected from the injectors. Bump the engine over with the starter.

Once you unscrew the bolt, pull the crank pulley off by grabbing it with both hands and pull it off by wiggling it 'til you work it loose off of the crank. If it's stuck tap the pulley with a rubber mallet.

For What It's Worth.

KEN