Engine not firing

gribbs1469

I have an 89 ecu, should i try that before i go and buy another knock box? Could it be anything else? I have tried to do research on the topic but it sounds like there is no way to test a knock box to see if it works properly, correct?

Thanks for all the help Scott. I really appreciate it, A LOT!!

Edited by gribbs1469

You can if you want but I doubt very much its the ecu. You don't have access to a scope, do you? Very easy to scope the input to see if the knock box is getting the correct signal.

• 1 month later...

Please help again. Car was running great, knock box went out, upgraded to 89knock box and car worked again.

car starts right up, idles great, doesn't overheat, everything is good except for the throttle.

as soon as I press on the gas pedal after warmed up the car wants to die. it won't evern go over 1k at this point and the car wants to die, it won't even drive, just want to bog out and die. If i repeatedly tap the throttle very quickly it will rev to whatever i stop it at.

everything is stock...I have done the TPS/ISC reset ten time literally i have .92 voltage in the ISC and .52 voltage in the TPS.

-When I unplug the MAS the car wants to die so thats good.

-When I unplug the CTS the car wants to die and runs like crap so thats good.

-Put a new secondary injector in

-Checked for boost leaks and vacuum leaks.

-clean gas tank, new in-tank, pump, and engine bay fuel filters

Do you think it could be the primary injector? only thing that is getting me is that if i tap it quick it revs up which means it is getting fuel.

I have done days of research non stop and i couldn't find anyhting the same. A lot of guys are have problems with the ISC but i don't think that's the problem. I even disconnected the ISC like they said and still no dice which leads me back to injector.

I just changed the secondary injector, It won't rev past 1k tho, why would that be a secondary? Also Maf is plugged in and tight, when i unplug it car falls on its face.

Here is a video, when it revs up it is bc i am tapping the throttle quickly. Otherwise it dies.

http://vid1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/gribbs1469/Starion/20150423_095427_zpshpolpfqn.mp4

Is it possible that you have your secondary (large cc) injector plugged into your primary clip? The thought process here is that maybe its flooding the engine as you attempt to rev it.

Just a quick simple thing to check. I hope you figure it out man.

I am pretty sure i have it correct. I tried it a whole bunchof times. They were also marked. I will check it again, just to make sure.

Just checked it out..

When i unplug the prinmary plug and plug it into the secondary injectory it will idle (like it is missing) but it will rev. Is it safe to say my primary injector is blocked or are my plugs backward?

Edited by gribbs1469

If you have not already tried this, I suggest that you sweep test the TPS, if it is not functioning properly then the ECU may not realize that you are opening the throttle and won't begin adding the necessary fuel to the mix causing the engine to bog. Another possibility might be a weak coil; I had it happen on a different kind of car but it acted just like your car- engine would only rev up if I opened the throttle very slowly, it would bog out if I cracked it open quickly. Easy enough to rule this out, just swap to a known good coil and see if it revs up.

Its not the TPS i just got a new one, tested it and set it to .52. Also its not the coil bc its a brand new blaster.

With the secondary injector plugged into the primary plu it works pretty good, but you can tell its running really rich...i think its say to say i need a new primary..,well hopefully.