BC_99's steering coupler replacement U-Joint

BC_99

Braden and Mikie are the Batman and Robin of the Sqc customizing world. Lol. You guys can decide who is who.

Anywho, I have a new small shipment in. 4-6 available. PM me for details if anyone is interested.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Super Fantastic!!! Love it. Cant wait to get it installed

Thanks

I would like to buy (2) of these when you get them. I can PayPal now if needed. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received the last steering coupler of this last group and installed it tonight after work. My '86 was a little different than the instructions on removing the interior pieces, so it was actually easier. The hardest part was getting the last pin out of the ring before you can install the new coupler. I need to buy a bigger hammer. :blink: I used a short, regular screwdriver to pry the grommet to the side while installing the column for clearance of the bolt, which I left long, . I feel extremely lucky because the coupler went on the splined-end of the steering box on the first try, by myself.

The test drive proved the redesigned steering coupler works as advertised. I am so happy I have tight steering again with no play from the coupler anymore.

Thank you for providing this well-designed and needed product!

• 4 weeks later...