Fip intake

randy

there is a thermo wire sender that is made to run under the rad hose and protrude into the coolant,

this works but new soft hoses are required and maybe a little rtv to insure a seal around the sensor wire

but from my personal past experience with these units ,, they are hit and miss,,i have had 1 out of 3

actualy work as they should

I did the 2 GM thermostat thing. drilled a hole in both and grounded it. put stock sensor in one half (after open) and a continuous flow in the other to the port back of head flow and teed it to the metal hose to waterpump suction.

coolant flows thru the stock intake from the thermostat area, when the stat is closed , the rear port flows out the rear of the head not the frt

you actualy need flow from frt and rear of head

Edited by Shelby

i dont have a good pic of it. just get 2 gm t stat covers from advance auto and bolt them together with a hole in the bottom one. put a barb fitting in it and rout it to the gm temp sensor spot........ it will have a constant flow.... i "T"d off the tsta housing and ran the stock temp sensor there..... and also "T" off the spot for the GM sensor so you can keep it there too... its not that hard. i have logs of only a few degrees change with this set up... no hot spots in the back of cyl 4 this way.

Unfortunately the tstat was not well executed by FIP. Some welding could make it easier but if you truly want a simpler radiator hose setup you will have to dump the distributor and modify the manifold. I use the 2 chevy tops.

As for what Shelby brought up, here is how I did mine.

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/sqperformance/Funkytoon/Coolant1_zpse5b528dc.jpg

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/sqperformance/Funkytoon/Coolant_zps6f009313.jpg

I basically welded more aluminum to the bottom of the tstat runner Tapped it for 3/8NPT elbow and an 1/8NPT (sensor). Ran a a hose straight back to the bypass port of the hardline.

I drive my car often........in Texas........to the track......and race......with a stock radiator and fans......

let me know if I can help.

Phil, that looks good. that is basicly what i did except mine if from the thermostat bottom on the GM covers. to the bypass hose. if not done like this there will be hot spots on cyl 4 and the only way is to run the heat for constant flow on the cyl 4