All Texans

Tman

Need some info Please ( the reason for these particular questions is a argument with my brother )

1 what part of texas you live in

2 how long you lived there

3 have you ever been directly affected by a tornado ( roof ripped off ect ect ect )

4 what part of texas you consider tornado alley

thnks

I live in Lubbock tx. Moved here in 03 when I started school. Since I have been here I have never seen a tornado even close to the city, much less in it. A lot of people in Texas consider this to be part of tornado alley. All of my family was freaking out when I moved here saying that I better get used to dealing with tornadoes and giving me suggestions on how to deal with them, but in 11 years I have never seen one. Now we do get some fantastic thunder storms though but its nice to sit on the patio and watch the storms roll in across the plains.

I've lived in the DFW Metroplex all my life. North Texas is considered the southern most end of tornado alley. I've seen one tornado in my lifetime a few years ago. We get rough storms here but tornadoes are not very common compared with say Oklahoma. I have never been directly affected by a tornado personally.