Rear quarters

randy

I wanna know the proper way to remove rear quarters on the conquest?

Would it be better to just cut them off or remove the spot wells and the

cut the remainder off? Also how do locate the spot wells,do you sand

some of the paint first. Tried looking for burton's body work repair

can't find the topics don't know if this is in there thou. I hope i

posted in the right area.

I use a wire brush chucked into a high speed drill to uncover the spot welds and also to remove the old seam sealer around the edges. Be careful where you get a spot weld cutter from as I have tried some that would break on the first spot weld and have used others that last a very long time. Here is the kit with the good style cutters in it. http://www.amazon.com/Spotweld-Rotabroach-Cutter-Standard-Pilot/dp/B00CTYPBNG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1405862510&sr=8-15&keywords=spot+weld+cutter

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

Gonna pickup a tablet and take pictures as i get under way.

Would be better to get a camera. A $100 camera takes way better pictures than a $100 tablet. I picked up a nextbook 8" tablet from walmart for $100. Works great and does what I need but takes lousy pictures.

take your time! someone whos done many quarters can blast off the main hunk with a plasma or a sawzall, then pull the edges off after cutting spot welds. You'll thank yourself by taking it easy and not getting heavy handed, cut through (or off) a part that needed to stay and youll be swearing for a while. (coming from a body tech)

+1 on finding spot welds with the wire wheel. try not to cut all the way through both layers on the pinch weld areas as then its a pain the hind end to weld back up. get a "seam buster" its like a pry bar/chisel with sharpened edges, you'll separate the seam sealer and welds that you didnt quite finish cutting with ease.

Would be better to get a camera. A $100 camera takes way better pictures than a $100 tablet. I picked up a nextbook 8" tablet from walmart for $100. Works great and does what I need but takes lousy pictures.

Gonna purchase the galaxy tablet, that way i can take the pictures and post on the club.

my smart phone got wet and fried.