87 Starion resto mod/ls1 swap

Walker

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dads rears are going to randys house in N/Y tommorrow....im going to miss them :(.... they been sitting here 7 years whating to get back on the road.. :o...at least there not getting scrapped......... :D :D :D.

my dad loved his car for 18 years before i got it..........

Edited by markhansenconquest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
light fixture damage is fixed. car is in storage for a month or so before larry gets started.....but was in a car accident the other day so progress will be slow going due to sudden change in finances Edited by Walker

The project looks great. What are you doing with the tunnel to accommodate the T56 size?

Cutting and beating as little as possible..... (i'm doing the swap for him, test fitting and mocking up everything in another car while this one was out for paint, but the mock up car is an auto shell)

The auto tunnel need little to no modification to house a T56 I had a 87 manual and I had to raise the front of the tunnel about 3 1/2 inches and taper towards the back just behind the shifter location in order for the engine to sit flat in the bay. And even with that the reverse switch had to be mod and some ears of the tranny remove to get it to fit. With the mod you have mod the dash center brackets to get it fit properly.