Rust in 3rd chamber

lester

I'm putting in another stations engine after blowing out the last one. There's rust in no. 3 chamber. I'm on a really right budget, what should I do? I can't get ajusa or fel-pro head gaskets here in Singapore. Only the carbon/metal gasket for the NA 4G54 engine.

Please help. I'm at a lost what to do. Thanks.

Wait until your not on a tight budget and then do it.

EDIT: The honest answer to your question though is if the rust isn't bad you could try rehoning the bore and hopefully it wont take it out of spec.

Edited by speedyquest

I've rebuilt one that even had BAD rust. There were still tiny tiny pits, but was never a problem. I would hone it out as much as you can without throwing them out of spec and throw the pistons in. Just make sure to spin the motor many times when reassembled to make the rings don't catch any.

- Charles

I use a n/a head gasket for my turbo as do many others on here. If your running stock boost, aka 10psi area it will be fine.

Arn't you the guy on 4x4wire with a 4door gen1 turbo montero?

I also have a turbo montero. Listen, if your interested I'd be willing to ship you parts like a fel pro gasket and other stuff for trades on non USA montero parts... like the amber tail lights or something. Pm me if anything.