Starion for $12000, Really??

Stariontastic

Check this one out. Automatic with dull wheels and water in the right taillight. Really? Maybe the pinstripes add value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Other-ESiR-/281261123924

I just got a Conquest with 25k original miles and shipped it from the West Coast for way less than that. I do not think a STARION WITH 39k is worth 12k, if it is really clean I would think 6k tops. My car was original owner, paperwork from the dealer, pile of extra OEM parts and clean, very clean. Edited by bodhi

I went and looked at this when it was in Mt. Airy. Talked the seller down to $4,500 but changed my mind cause there were too many imperfections. Someone must have bought it and now trying to flip it at a ridiculous price. Even at that low mileage, the car didn't even run smooth.

I'm not trying to be a hater AND I guess the price is negotiable AND I guess the mileage is low, but that car does look like it was out in the weather for a long time and it's really wet with oil underneath. It should be a very well sorted car for that price. BY THE WAY,

I have some really nice oceanfront property in Kentucky to trade for it if they're interested.

• Like 1

I for (1) "AM" hope'n it's worth 12K! Heck yhea... drive up the prices of our cars! Funny I don't recall it being around me, listed? TH1 there must be a "Mt Airy around you in NC, as I have one nearby me here in Md. It is a pretty nice example of a clean car. The items mentioned can be dealt with. Just as in the housing, or anything market(s)... higher pricing just adds to our own worth(s) of ownership. I know when I acquired my 89' SHP in the height of the "Pre-Bubble Bursting," my car was listed by a bank appraiser @ 16K, for sale @ 15K. It had a number of imperfections,(to me) for a low mileage 89' SHP. Now... I didn't pay those amounts for it, but I did pay considerably more than the monies/worth being tossed around on here. So... I say: keep selling & buying our cars @ these prices! Just means more to us as owners of "Yahoo's" declared most sought after used car. ;)
  • Like 1

I for (1) "AM" hope'n it's worth 12K! Heck yhea... drive up the prices of our cars! Funny I don't recall it being around me, listed? TH1 there must be a "Mt Airy around you in NC, as I have one nearby me here in Md. It is a pretty nice example of a clean car. The items mentioned can be dealt with. Just as in the housing, or anything market(s)... higher pricing just adds to our own worth(s) of ownership. I know when I acquired my 89' SHP in the height of the "Pre-Bubble Bursting," my car was listed by a bank appraiser @ 16K, for sale @ 15K. It had a number of imperfections,(to me) for a low mileage 89' SHP. Now... I didn't pay those amounts for it, but I did pay considerably more than the monies/worth being tossed around on here. So... I say: keep selling & buying our cars @ these prices! Just means more to us as owners of "Yahoo's" declared most sought after used car. ;)

My thoughts exactly!.......Interesting enough, Starquest owners seem to be the worst enemies for their own cars when they keep underestimating the "value" of these machines. It's not logic to me. If we star to value our cars high, maybe in the future we will be able to say that own great looking toy cars that actually serve as small investments, instead of just owning "old money pits that are worth less than a Chevy Cavalier!"

I really hope he sells it for 12K!......that means that I could sell mine for 10K!......

Edited by dmdvzla

You guys do make a good point regarding values. Better 12K than $900 I guess. Maybe the day will come when nicely restored Starquests sell in the $20K range. Time will tell and nice examples are becoming harder to find. I looked off and on for over 15 years before finally buying one and now I'm hooked. Prices are currently low enough to get involved with a really fun to drive, rare car that turns heads without breaking the bank.

The other thing is, even if you pay 9 or 10 for this car, you put QQ plates on it so insurance is cheap and you now have a nice car to mod or take to shows. I would rather drive my 86 Conquest to shows with leather, A/c and all the other creature comforts than my 68 mustang which looks really cool but basically is an empty beer can on wheels, After a couple hours in that car I get a headache from the noise.

Would easily sell for that much in Australia. Widebodies are worth that over here, where the straight bodies are worth <= 5k

Really? Man, maybe I should throw my '87 red in a shipping container to Australia!

• Like 1

The odometer numerals are a little crooked, that could be a red flag, but noticed that the numbers aren't quite straight across on my '87 or '88 either. The low mileage is their biggest selling point, so hopefully it's correct for their sake.