HELP! Shorted something out, ABS light on and seatbelts not working.

Paper Bag

Like the title said, in the process or replacing the stereo something got touched, the clock light went out - and the power to the radio is also gone. I've checked all the fusible links ( test light touched to both sides... is there another way?) and both the fuses under the panel beside the battery. Not sure how to check relays though... so any info would help. I've seen the thread about pulling the seat belt assembly and cleaning the contacts, which I've done... seatbelts were working until I touched the wrong wire apparently. The owner before the previous owner made a mess of all the wiring behind the radio. I didn't touch the box or the wiring that controls the seatbelts in there... and the wiring to that is unmolested.

Can anybody help? How can I check relays? What else can I check?

Power windows work and locks work - dome light isn't working nor is the clock backlight... The headlights only work on one speed now also.

Edited by Paper Bag

Is it the etacs? Power windows work, lock works, no clue if I have a security system or not. Power door locks work. Is there another fusebox I'm missing somewhere?

The FSM is really zero help because the electrical sections really gives no real area to look where the problem is coming from. The wiring diagram gives me no clues as to where to find its location in relation to the car.

Found them. Thank you! I've been freaking out looking for a damn fusebox. Finally stumbled into it while trying to trace some wiring. Turned out to be the number 1 fuse. Edited by Paper Bag

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you have done your homework Paper Bag, BUT, I'd suggest that you understand what pages 8-102 through 105 are defining as power sources fuses and how they relate to all of the other electrical system schematics in Chapter 8.

This isn't necessarily for you but for the other Newbies which are new to the Starquests.

For What It's Worth.

KEN