Quest of fun

dukaine

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. Well tomarrow im heading on a road trip to go pickup the griffon radiator and modified engine and trans from a guy. Engine needs some work but for the package deal its well worth the cash and really i need the radiator atm. Engine was bored with hyper pistons balance eliminated m28 head and slipper cam. Trans is a manual with a short shifter. He said the crank needed to be reground or polish and im not sure what kinda shape its in but for 500 bucks for everything im not complaining and he said the head is good. The tranny head and radiator is worth that too me.

So i will have a update incoming tomarrow

one of the items i bought was a trany with a short shifter along with a short block and a m28 head. Also a rebuilt turbo machined with a b16 i think wheel or was is 16g something like that ill recheck tomarrow. I got a package deal along with the griffon aluminum radiator with fan and titanium downpipe

got the parts. The tranny griffon radiator short block and M28 head like new plus the nice reworked turbo and downpipe. He also still has a performance 11 lb flywheel and clutch but i didnt want to over pay on it and didnt know what something like that is worth. So anyone got a ball park idea what that would be worth its got about 2000 miles on it.

Got the radiator installed today. Its a tight fit but its in nice.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131231_151459_639.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131231_151505_103.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131231_151522_377.jpg

discovered today after i had filled the new radiator that it wasnt starting which i had thought was just flooded out as i was trying to blow the cylinders out with air hose to start it antifreeze blew back at me so yea i got either a blown head gasket or cracked head time to tear it apart. I got the M28 head i just bought it i need it so all i need are some new bolts and a head gasket. I may put on arp studs while im at it so hopefully i dont have to tear it back down anytime soon.

So i purchased a few things the quest needed. I got a 3 wire heated o2 sensor, gas tank repair, ARP head stud kit, FelPro gasket set and ball joints. I am putting on the other head i have that is more performance orientated with the modified turbo so I should be able to get a few more horses out of it and hopefully will be running like a top once its back together Edited by dukaine

got the head off today. 3 of the 4 cylinders had antifreeze in them. I am in just taking a breather before i go back out in the garage and begin getting the engine ready for the other head. I did find some play in the timing chain. Its not bad but more then i like to see. I am going to check out to see how big a job that is to change,

I am as far as i can go for today i need to modify the valve cover a bit tomarrow to get it to fit with the arp studs and then i can pretty much get the car back together

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20140111_230749_212.jpg

Since the downpipe that i am putting on the car does not have the pipe that splits off for the egr i am going to remove the egr i think

Edited by dukaine

I got the car back running today with new head and new temp sensor and its still running really rich when its cold. I have a new o2 sensor and i got some exhaust leak i think i am going to take back off the turbo and put on new studs and work on exhaust a bit next and probably a tps test and reset.

I got the car back running today with new head and new temp sensor and its still running really rich when its cold. I have a new o2 sensor and i got some exhaust leak i think i am going to take back off the turbo and put on new studs and work on exhaust a bit next and probably a tps test and reset.

How does it idle if you unplug the MAF? Don't drive it with the MAF unplugged, just try it at idle.

All fixed running wise. I had the injectors hooked up backwards and i changed out the studs for the turbo mounting only thing left is i got a bad hose. Its the short section that goes from thermostat housing to the turbo. Someone put on a wrong type of hose. But thats a easy fix other then that it should be all set