Quest of fun

dukaine

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's flooded and you need to start it, floor it while cranking. It'll clear it out really quick.

Also, you could get a carbon fiber sunroof insert and disable the mechanism.

Andrew, we tried that when he shut it off the one time. lol he has a lot of electrical issues. Ben rip all the junk aftermarket wiring and get it stock, i bet theres 10lbs of copper there to scrap. lol i had to rig up his wipers on a toggle switch just to get him home. im sure that was no fun having road spray on the windshield and no wipers.

the no start after shut down may be the injectors leaking off the fuel pressure. loosen up the clamp on the ovcp,,,,, fire it up,,,, let it run a minute,,,, than shut it off. look inside the mixer is there any fuel dripping? if so, clean/replace injectors. but you have other wiring issues, you don't need to put your foot on the brake to make it start/crank. or your starter is on its last leg.

the no start after shut down may be the injectors leaking off the fuel pressure. loosen up the clamp on the ovcp,,,,, fire it up,,,, let it run a minute,,,, than shut it off. look inside the mixer is there any fuel dripping? if so, clean/replace injectors. but you have other wiring issues, you don't need to put your foot on the brake to make it start/crank. or your starter is on its last leg.

Your right about the brake issue and probably the injector too

i bought everything today to hopefully clean the injectors myself but when i got back i left the car running and when i shut it off i looked in the mixer and i didnt seen any fuel leaking. And afterwards i tried starting it for the hell of it and it didnt want to start. Garage is warming up right now and im still going to try cleaning injectors anyway since it wouldnt hurt but im hoping i dont have some other issue going on. It is also kinda acting like my firebird did when the tps was bad. That may be my next target to check on.

Hmm later this afternoon it ran pretty good i even tried shutting it off and turning it back on. I got a fuel filter im putting in in a bit and will try again. I am also wondering about the o rings on the injectors. I got a kit with a bunch of injector o rings. The ones that were in it sealed but arnt very tight neither are the ones that i found in the kit. Is there a special size oring i need for these cars. I am not sure how great that seal is under pressure. I did also notice it has what looks to be another seal on top of the injector itself that may also help to seal. Any input would be helpful here Edited by dukaine

Ok question are these SHP shocks? I had my left side tires off cleaning up some leaky tire beads and a new valve stem and took a shot of the shocks with the dial on them. The car has SHP wheels already. And looks to have SHP suspension. Tye informed me its not a SHP car though. So let me know what u guys think these are. Are they SHP shocks or something else. Also i found a stripped gear to the electric sunroof that wasnt working. I never have shopped for sunroof parts before and ill show u guys the housing the gear sits in and the gear itself here. If anyone knows how to get a replacement gear for this. The stripped gear is the larger gear in the housing upside down and cables run under that gear

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131224_151224_134.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131224_181812_885.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131224_181956_743.jpg

That is an shp strut. but your car is not. it is an 87 and the tire size chat in the door only show one tire size. also your sunroof is aftermarket as they never had power sunroofs.

Yea maybe but its a 88 I do think someone put on the parts and I do think its aftermarket but I still like to fix the sunroof. But I do find it weird how stock the rest of the car is and then to have them parts other then the alarm and stereo.

For anyone that cares here is the tire sticker on the door jam. I am guessing its not a shp but has the shp wheels and shocks and here is the stickers that is suppose to determine if it is a shp and u guys can tell me.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20131225_125848_553.jpg

Edited by dukaine