Leak inside the cab...

03CL55AMG

I have a leak on the passenger side where the floor board is, we had several days of rain in a row then I noticed it. Are there known places where starquests leak as I described, thought I would ask first before the hunt, thanks.

I haven't run the a/c in awhile so I think I am safe on that one and in did not appear to be radiator fluid so may have dodged a bullet there...I thought it may come from the cowl area or perhaps the winshield, although the winshield was replaced like three + years ago and it is not a quest with a sunroof, Thanks for the input. Edited by 03CL55AMG

Is there any rust? I had an 86 with a rusty wiper cowl area and whenever it rained it leaked to the passenger footwell.

remove the wiper cowl cover plate and look at the area in the center of the windshield where the metal meets the glass,,

thats a problem area on a lot of cars

• 2 weeks later...
just ran into this,, remove the pass fender and check the cowl area drain hole,, if it plugs up the metal will rust thru,, allowing rain water to enter the car in the corner ,, agrivating to fix but a clean up and good body silicone will seal it up

Thanks Shelby...is the only way to remove the fender?...Just checking.

short answer is yep,, only way, but it's not hard to do

on the lower out of sight bolts holding the fender is all rusted,, don't worry , grind the head off of the bolt,, once the fender is off drill a hole thru the old bolt and retap to oreg size , install a new bolt and SS washer

• 2 weeks later...