Greetings Everyone!

ErikM3

My name is Erik and I am 19yrs old! Living in Clermont Fl! Recently purchased a 88 Conquest TSi and all I can say is WOW! Before I was born, my dad had bought my mom a red conquest tsi. This was probably in the early 90s. However, Im sure you guys all know how small the back seat of our cars are. So upon my arrival that’s when my parents sold the quest. Growing up, I have always been into cars. My dad has been a technician at Chrysler for over 18yrs, so Ive grown up around cars. My dad has always been a huge german car enthusiast. Starting off with an E30 M3 then in 2000 bought a 98 E36 M3 Sedan which he still has to this day. Except with a twin screw and 436whp J When I was 15, my parents surprised me with a car. Could you take a guess what it was? Yup. A 99 E36 M3 sedan. It’s the love of my life. Me and my dad have our own shop where we do side work at. There, we fully built the car from ground up. Naturally aspirated motor producing 303rwhp & 288rwtq. Its goes fast, but handles even better! A track monster to say the least lol Along with my 16yr old sister, my dad and my mother, the four of us have 7 vehicles now. My M, my dads M, My sisters 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited, my moms 2003 Chrysler Town&Country Limited, my daily driver, a 2000 Toyota Corolla, the family beast, a Ram SRT10, and now the Tsi. We are all really big into cars to say the least . The TSi will be undergoing a full resto. Really looking forward to it! Already put in an order for CCWs 18x9 front 18x11 rear! As far as drivetrain goes, I really want to do a hemi 5.7 or 6.1 swap. However my dad disagrees lol currently looking for info for a 4g63 swap (which is what my dad wants) so if anyone can help me with any info, that would be great! I am looking forward to meeting, speaking, and becoming better acquainted with you all! Thanks in advance to all the members of the StarQuest club for all that you guys do!

-Erik

Edited by ErikM3

check out the engine swap section and the tans swap section.

also Projectzerog.com

probably the best for 4G63 swap info.

OH and Welcome to the madness.

Hey buddy, nice to meet you.Thanks! lol I was looking on there and i got everything I needed however, Im a little confused with the wideblock/narrowblock thing. I just want to know if an Evo 8 engine will bolt to the stock conquest tranny. Any idea on this?

the bottom of the transmission on our cars has 2 bolts that attach to the motor.when measured they are about 13.25 inches apart. that is the wide block. the narrow block is 12.25

some D50 or mighty max trucks had a 2.4 4G64 that were wide blocks 13.25 inches bottom 2 mounting bolts.

that should bolt to the starion transmission.

best explained at projectzeroG

http://projectzerog.com/transmissions.shtml

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I do not have much pictures of the car since it will probably be started at the beginning of 2014. However, you are all welcome to check out my gallery. I have created a separate album that will be specifically of the resto project. Feel free to let me know what you guys think! Thanks again!

Welcome!

We don't care about any fancy pics we just want to see what you picked up. What offset did you get the CCWs in? Might be a trick getting them to fit right. No the EVO 8 won't bolt in ... unfortunately. You don't really need to swap to make power. Take a look around. Quite a few of us around here have cars pushing 300-400WHP with a lot more torque.

Good Luck With The Project!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello again everyone. My apologies for the late reply. Just a quick update, I have only purchased the CCWs for the rear as of right now. the two came up to just over $1800 shipped. They are the LM5s, 18x11 et0 with a white center and polished inner and outer barrels. Will post pictures when they come.