Alpharetta, GA. Trying To Network Outward

David Adams

A thousand thank you's for the help man! That's what makes this community great! I even got to drive the car that made me want to get one. What an awesome night.

After you left I got everything buttoned up and went to pull in the garage and it fired right up no problem! Now on to the cooling issues, oil and water.

Yeah no problem! Thanks for the hospitality! - here's your little to-do list.

Install that oil cooler.

New exhaust manifold gasket ( get the metal one, not the felpro one. It'll burn through ) - and, you'll likely have to modify your existing cast iron manifold. They like to warp over time @_@ If you get a new OEM manifold from Dad then the gasket, and all new other goodies come with it.

New coolant hoses

New turbo coolant lines - new turbo oil line

... an O2 sensor ( seriously, this car does NOT have one... ) - if you go wideband make sure the kit comes with an O2 bung

a proper boost gauge

a new turbo

http://i.imgur.com/xlD2V3G.jpg

This is why the gas tanks were swapped.... the car would cut out at a half tank of gas. Turns out the pickup tube was cut and bent and forced facing the wrong way in the gas tank!

Edited by Fanta

Well they were a complete failure at life

maybe not at least they were trying and as long as the tank had plenty of fuel it worked ,

a complete failure in life is some one that never try's any thing and wants some one else to do every thing for them

Even with a full tank it still couldn't suck the proper amt of fuel. Line is pinched badly and caused the car to cut out bad.

They may not have been a complete failure at life, but they sure were a complete failure with this quest. But I am making lemonade and bringing it back to glory!