Starion swap questions

DeanO

I have a friend who is willing to sell me an e30 shell for dirt cheap. i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a starion engine in an e30. if it has ever happened. lol. so my questions are.. Has anyone done this before? if you have can you give me some pointers/tips that helped you with the swap. i know that the e30 has had tons of different engines in it but i cant find anything on a starion engine swap to e30. sorry if wrong section but i'm not allowed to post in engine swap section of forum.

I highly doubt anyone has done this swap.. not worth it i'd say . It will require cutting, welding, fabricating mounts, custom wiring, and a lot of time. With all that effort you could put in anything... so why use an inferior engine like a g54b. Most people want to remove the g54b due to head limitations, 2 injector set up, and low output to cost ratio. You could get an m30 motor from a u pull and be up and running for under a grand with more power and reliability. Might even bolt right in.

Whatever you choose, more power to ya and keep us posted.

^Agreed... You can get everything you need from a u-pull it, and with some welding skills have it set up in no time. If you plan well, you could even get the swap done for like 600$. Plus if you run a carb set-up you have nothing to wire. Only expensive part would be a custom drive shaft at like 300$ plus.

I wish I had a garage... I always wanted to dump a Cadillac 500 in my dads e32.