holset internal wastegate question

PDodson

I have a Hx35 on it with a Internal wastegate housing.....well when I bought the turbo it did not come with a wastegate, so I bought one off of ebay but when I did it did not come with any hardware, bolts spacers etc

do you know the bolt size for the wastegate screws? so I can mount my wastegate to the housing

i would hate to buy another wastegate that has screws with it

well phil in order to use the ex wg, i have to buy a diff housing..right now im not seeing full boost because of the wg flapper........im trying to use what i have for the time being,

ok jszucs ill uninstall my turbo and bring that to the hardware store to get the bolt sizes......(i dont think so)

why not just take the car to the hardware store (if drivable) and talk to someone there, they can accompany you while you go back and forth trying out bolts and what not. ive dont that before with my car. usually the guys are pretty chill about it.

Daniel

ok jszucs ill uninstall my turbo and bring that to the hardware store to get the bolt sizes......(i dont think so)

Didn't know it was installed and really it's 4 bolts not a huge deal. have had my whole setup on and off more then I care to. and if it's driveable just do as above and drive it up there. I do it all the time, the girls working the counter don't even bat an eye at me when I walk out with an arm full of bolts now.

As for the external, while welding the flapper shut, or just disconecting the waste gate and wireing the flapper shut is not optimal, it could work for the time being, and other then the not as good hotside design would still be better with an external then an internal.

To answere Spadey... it's not that you "have" to get an externaly gated hot side.... however just disableing an internaly gated hot side is not giving you the full advantage of not having an internal gate taking up space, and efecting the area they have to work with on the hot side. However you will still gain the contorl advantage of an external gate.

that would involve me taking my car down and I really dont want to do that, because I dont have a shop

You have a specialty / rare car that you have obviously modded pretty far by the turbo choice. It's kind of par for the corse with this type of item. If you don't want to take her down to weld her shut just disconect the acuator arm, and wire it shut.... It will work for the time being.