VERY nice 1988 Starion for sale on Ebay!

surpra550

i mean with a trans problem it's worth three thousand dollars, just my opinion. it's gorgeous, it's clean, it also has a trans problem and i KNOW it won't be long before it's time to rebuild it, or th350 or.......

if you listed it HERE you MIGHT get an offer of $1500, MIGHT :o ...not many like the auto quests' -_-

GLWS ;)

IT IS EQUIPPED WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, THAT I WILL CALL WEAK. IT IS DRIVABLE AND YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH DO HIGHWAY SPEEDS, BUT THE RPMS ARE HIGHER THAN THEY SHOULD BE, I "BELIEVE" 3RD GEAR IS THE PROBLEM, AND WHEN IT WARMS UP, IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO ENGAGE REVERSE.

and why is the seller SCREAMING ? it's difficult to read :wacko: :blink: :huh:

:lol:

:D

:ph34r:

i mean with a trans problem it's worth three thousand dollars, just my opinion. it's gorgeous, it's clean, it also has a trans problem and i KNOW it won't be long before it's time to rebuild it, or th350 or.......

if you listed it HERE you MIGHT get an offer of $1500, MIGHT :o ...not many like the auto quests' -_-

GLWS ;)

Dude, you can't get a nice paint job for $1500.00!!! Thanks for your opinion though.......

By the way, I just checked the ebay auction and it is up to 3500 with 7 days to go!!!

GLWS ;)

Just an update, not to prove you wrong as much as just bringing to attention what these cars are really worth. Current ebay bid, with 6 plus days to go....$4,000.00

Didn't you just purchase this car a few months ago?...I remember you mentioning you also had a Fiji Starquest too? correct?.

This is indeed a beautiful car. OPTIMUSPRIME was the one to had it painted that gorgeous pearl white (previous owner). GLWS, and don't worry! you are entitle to ask what ever price you believe fit for your own car. You just need patience....a true starquest enthusiast will come and appreciate what you have to offer. At the end it is just business. One that sales, one that buys....and both to agree on a price that suits them both.

P.S. What happened to the OEM mudguards?

Edited by dmdvzla
  • Like 1

Didn't you just purchase this car a few months ago?...I remember you mentioning you also had a Fiji Starquest too? correct?.

This is indeed a beautiful car. OPTIMUSPRIME was the one to had it painted that gorgeous pearl white (previous owner). GLWS, and don't worry! you are entitle to ask what ever price you believe fit for your own car. You just need patience....a true starquest enthusiast will come and appreciate what you have to offer. At the end it is just business. One that sales, one that buys....and both to agree on a price that suits them both.

P.S. What happened to the OEM mudguards?

Yes, good memory, I bought it in December!!! I do have an 89 Conquest also that I am keeping for my son. The only reason I decided to sell it is because I just bought a 1990 300zx Twin Turbo, also in Pearl White (my favorite color) with a 5 speed. I am completely out of room so something had to go!! I expect this car to do somewhere around 6k. I put the buy it now a little higher just in case! And actually, if you look, there are many of these cars people are now asking 10k and higher! I took the splash guards off and sold them, I got $250.00 for them I believe.

...not many like the auto quests' -_-

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/3t8o1z_zps63e0b752.jpg

no offense intended toward the gay/lesbian community, just thought it was funny...As soon as I read the post that's the saying that popped in my head.

-N8

• Like 1

GLWS ;)

So now it is up to $5,000.00, reserve is met and still 2 days to go!!! Glad you missed it by $3,500 so far!! Lol.......

In my experience on forums, they are the worst place to sell a special interest vehicle. The people on them generally know a good bit about them, and will bottom-feed for prices. I see this for bikes and cars. I think the $1500 assessment may have been low for here, but was based upon facts such as a transmission issue. The manual/auto situation as mentioned is a make or break for many, me included. Having done an auto to manual swap on a 3rd Gen Supra, it is a lot of work. You obvioulsy listed it where you can get more money for it- presuming the high bidder actually pays. That has been a problem for me selling vehicles on eBay in the past. I hope you get top dollar for it and have no payment problems.
  • Like 1

I wouldnt get excited until the cash was in my hand but thats just me. With all the performance goodies like kevlar bands and alto usa friction clutches, one could expect to spend $1500-$1700 getting the trans rebuilt providing you pull it and reinstall it(my personal experience). I think most guys would be surprised how much fun an auto is when its working properly. GLWS!

In my experience on forums, they are the worst place to sell a special interest vehicle. The people on them generally know a good bit about them, and will bottom-feed for prices. I see this for bikes and cars. I think the $1500 assessment may have been low for here, but was based upon facts such as a transmission issue. The manual/auto situation as mentioned is a make or break for many, me included. Having done an auto to manual swap on a 3rd Gen Supra, it is a lot of work. You obvioulsy listed it where you can get more money for it- presuming the high bidder actually pays. That has been a problem for me selling vehicles on eBay in the past. I hope you get top dollar for it and have no payment problems.

Thanks and I agree! For the most part, I have had luck with ebay, especially with people that have had many transactions. Hope it all works out well!

I wouldnt get excited until the cash was in my hand but thats just me. With all the performance goodies like kevlar bands and alto usa friction clutches, one could expect to spend $1500-$1700 getting the trans rebuilt providing you pull it and reinstall it(my personal experience). I think most guys would be surprised how much fun an auto is when its working properly. GLWS!

So far everyone that has bid has many tranactions and great feedback! Someone with a Zero feedback bid and caused it to hit reserve on Friday, but I cancelled his bid. With Zero feedback it is too risky unless you have a chance to talk to the buyer. And he did in fact email me after the fact. I told him to rebid if he wasn't terribly upset.