Brake Booster

RML88TSi

Hey Ryan. I know rockauto stocks them and I am not the biggest fan of paying their prices for one. A solution I have done that has fixed many leaky booster of mine is to use an epoxy where it leaks. I have tested the vacuum before and after and it holds perfectly.

Also I have had some occurrences where the pedal feels fine until you start the car. Then the pedal feels extremely soft and then suddenly the brakes come on hard. If thats your case thats not a leaky booster.

Well I am just trying to get this car on the road and haven't driven it. While attempting to bleed the brakes, I could hear air coming out and never got pedal pressure. I could blow on the pipe of the booster and air would come out at the master cylinder. I removed it and it's leaking around the rod that pushes the master. Can I epoxy around that seal?

SOLD

I got one. Just repainted satin black, looks f-l-y. $50+ship? Also have a reman master cylinder and braided ABS delete line if you want them.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2wnqu1f.jpg

Edited by obsolete

Don't be a cheap butt.buy a brand new one,they are not that expensive.Idk if epoxy will hold up to the heat for a long time.good luck with that anyway.Rockauto doesn't have best prices but they sure beat the local autoboners and Ive had good luck with them so far and have ordered a lot of stuff from them.My brake booster is bad also and the master cylinder leaking into the boster.the engine then sucks in te brake fluid and well brake fluid doesn't make a very good fuel in a starion.lol.

I wouldn't epoxy the front. Nevermind that. I'd go new/reman in your case. Also I have no concerns whatsoever about heat getting to the rear of the brake booster where its been epoxied. You also don't use cheap epoxy :) Been fine for 3 years now 100+ degree days in traffic.

• 3 weeks later...