Antenna removal

leesquest

The mast or the motor? The mast is held in by the chrome top nut with the slots, it needs to be unscrewed and then the mast just pulls out, reverse the process to install. Been a while since I've done the motor but I don't remember anything especially tricky about it.

Pull the trim the from that side and you'll see its a couple nuts. two electric connectors. A drain tube. You can pull the lower floor to help get at the lower mount or get mcgyver on it with a wobbly and extension. 10 mm socket and phillips screwdriver and a big flat screwdriver for the exterior nut.(or the special antenea nut tool)

1. I didnt know that the mast n motor were seperate. I have a complete working unit installed in my parts car, I was going to remove it and replace the non working one in my nice car. If the mast just comes out, then thats great. But from what I can tell I dont think the motor is working at all along with the antenna being broken, so I need to remove both. I guess the removal process is a 2 step event (mast , then motor) thanks, I will try it this weekend.
  2. If I find a simple solution for the motor not working, I could just remove the antenna and slide the other one in I guess.

1. I didnt know that the mast n motor were seperate. I have a complete working unit installed in my parts car, I was going to remove it and replace the non working one in my nice car. If the mast just comes out, then thats great. But from what I can tell I dont think the motor is working at all along with the antenna being broken, so I need to remove both. I guess the removal process is a 2 step event (mast , then motor) thanks, I will try it this weekend.

2. If I find a simple solution for the motor not working, I could just remove the antenna and slide the other one in I guess.

They are one assembly piece coming out of the car ...